PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 06-19-2018, 07:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Boulton Paul P.111A

Hello,

Here is my current WIP. It's the Boulton Paul P.111A, a British research aircraft from the early 1950s. I chose this as my first attempt at an aircraft from card as it has fairly basic geometry, plus it's also a bit different.

The first attempt needs an extra split around the fuselage midway along the cockpit as it needs to bulge out a bit more here. Once I'm happy with that I will add the colours/insignia.

One thing about this aircraft is that it had changeable wing & vertical stabiliser tips which allowed investigation of the various effects of pointed & blunt tips. You will find various configurations in photos on the internet.

I will post further pictures when I progress more. Work is a bit hectic at the moment so it may be a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Boulton Paul P.111A-p111ablend.jpg   Boulton Paul P.111A-dsc_2474.jpg   Boulton Paul P.111A-dsc_2481.jpg   Boulton Paul P.111A-dsc_2491.jpg   Boulton Paul P.111A-dsc_2492.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2018, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Slowly making progress. I've been distracted with my old Series 3 Land Rover project and doing family stuff. I'm gradually reducing the oil leaks from the Land Rover and tidying it up, but it uses up the evenings.

Anyway, here is the blender version of the P.111A with textures. I'm currently having issues getting the textures into Pepakura. Previously I did all my graphics on the bare layouts in Photoshop. I thought I'd experiment with the UV mapping method this time. I'm sure it will be easy once I've sussed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Boulton Paul P.111A-progress01.jpg  

Last edited by Aeropunk; 07-30-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo