PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-19-2019, 03:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
We used a plastic model for our Delta Dagger. Problem: my friend designer Cor tends to go for super detail, and a plastic model is very inviting... On my suggestion, he often makes the tiniest details optional. I prefer models to be 'buildable' for more than just the super modellers among us! The Fokker Friendship is a case in point. Movable flaps and rudders are nice, but very difficult. Personally, I hardly ever build a plane with landing gear down: I hang them from the ceiling, so the wheels down would look a bit silly anyway. Having said that, I did do the DC-3 Dakota with wheels - the dihedral wings and the angle caused by the tail wheel are so characteristic! Same for the Spitfire, of course! (Model by WMV).
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-wmvspitfire2.jpg  
Old 04-20-2019, 09:37 AM

Back to the elementary preparations:
Step 2 continued:
In all, I found just seven drawings - among them a few very low res. so called three view plans. At long last we found the gold at the end of the rainbow: a very high resolution plan with sharp lines, scale 1/8 inch to 1 foot. Equal to 1:96. And very important: excellent cross sections for fuselage and wings.
Of course scales of various drawings are all different - combining information takes a lot of applied mathematics; but we now have all the basic information.
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-douglas-dc-4-skymaster-limited-500px-.jpg   Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-douglas-dc-4_c-54-three-view-plan-low-res-version.jpg  
Old 04-20-2019, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Variants

Wonderful plan. Of course, there could also be the Canadair Northstar/Argonaut variant with the Merlin V12 powerplants .

Looking forward to seeing your work on this.

Regards,
John
Old 04-20-2019, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
You should be careful with your comments here. Nobody is asking your opinion on any member or exmember of the forum and it is not good manners to express personal issues or offensive remarks of anyone. Don't promote piracy yourself by scaring off members or future members with your most disrespectful comments completely out of context.

Don't contribute to reduce even more this forum's bad reputation.
Wow...

If we're so terrible, why hang around? Only yesterday you were saying "Please tell me where can I close my account here. I don't need to belong to this type of group. "

Also, as a moderator, Ruben would know far more about what has gone on with certain individuals.

Meanwhile, back to the design discussion!

Always good to see the why's and why not's, to have the "curtain pulled back" so to speak...
Old 04-20-2019, 11:24 AM

Ruben and Sgoti:
I have been accused of, and bitterly blamed for entering off-topic remarks in other threads, and in no uncertain wording. I have decided to be very careful of entering anything at all on the forum in the future. I thought a purely factual report on this subject might be interesting, without giving rise to controversy.

I am doing my best to create a completely neutral thread... 344 hits in just two days seem to prove people are interested. Do I continue, or am I just creating a podium for very negative comments directed at people who do not seem to be popular on the forum?

I am really hoping to get some support from some of those 344 hits so far...

Last edited by Diderick A. den Bakker; 04-20-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2019, 11:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Ruben and Sgoti:
I have been accused of, and bitterly blamed for entering off-topic remarks in other threads, and in no uncertain wording. I have decided to be very careful of entering anything at all on the forum in the future. I thought a purely factual report on this subject might be interesting, without giving rise to controversy.

I am doing my best to create a completely neutral thread... 344 hits in just two days seem to prove people are interested. Do I continue, or am I just creating a podium for very negative comments directed at people who do not seem to be popular on the forum?

I am really hoping to get some support from some of those 344 hits so far...
Um... I guess Petestein gets a pass? (it was his post, off topic, I might add, that I was replying to.

Having said that, no more from me. Carry on!
Old 04-20-2019, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
I am interested in the project and the process. I will purchase a copy of any and all versions that you see fit to publish. Any other comments will be sent privately to those who need them.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Great idea Diderick! Very interesting aircraft. Let Cor go wild on the details. I believe there’s a DC4 at the Aviodrome at Lelystad Airport if you need landing gear details. KLM version would be fantastic! I’ll be happy to do a testbuild if you need a volunteer ...

Regards,
Erik
Old 04-20-2019, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
I will buy whichever paint you choose. But, I will say the first photo of the Berlin delivery gave me goose-bumps. Not to be too political, but that was a time when America, and its people and government showed the right stuff. A repaint in that scheme would be wonderful on my shelf.

Jim Baker
Old 04-20-2019, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Sorry if I ofended people here. Not my intention. Let's turn back to the DC-4. Nice to know you got accurate plans. Sometimes, this is not easy. Concerning the DC.4 it is very surprising that accurate plans are few and far between, being such a popular aircraft. But now you have them. We are carefully following the progress on this most beautiful aircraft.
Still not decided on the scale? In my opinion, 1/50 would be good.
Google Adsense