PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-27-2021, 10:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
One thing leads to another. Does anyone have experience with electric micromotors? I googled, and found this link: Douglas DC-3 trumpeter 1/48 Alaska Airlines - Aircraft Model - YouTube / This shows micromotors being built into a plastic 1/48 plane model. Doesn't seem too farfetched for an accomplished builder?!
That is a workable idea. In the early 1970s, I installed mini-motors in a large scale plastic model of a B-24, for my eldest son. I installed the battery pack in the bomb bay and mounted three mini slide switches on the bottom of the fuselage just aft of the bay doors. The first switch turned on the cockpit and running lights (grain of wheat bulbs), the second switch started the port engine and the last switch started the starboard engine. It worked well until he tripped while running around the front yard with it. It didn't survive the crash landing.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:00 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Diderick - this kit really does look like it's going to be great!

Is Erik going to be given the introductory build? That would be nice!

Any thoughts on a Dakota/Douglas C-47 as a follow-up? That would also be great!
Old 04-01-2021, 07:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Why is it that in this forum, there a lot of fights and bad comments? I know there are very strict rules here but that doesn't mean it has to become offensive remarks from one or other guy. I am a member of other forums and all members are friends, exchange ideas etc. And we have to come back to this so much delayed DC-4 project because stupidly enough, many card model designers always design the same subjects, like Mustangs, F-14s, Spitfires, Me-109s and other examples of which we see thousands of different versions instead of tacking historically significant subjects, like the DC-4 and several others. We must be very careful with comments posted on this thread because the smallest bad comment can mean getting kicked out of the forum. And when can we finally have the DC-4? Will it be this year or when the coronavirus pandemic is finally over in about twenty years which is the time several think it will take to eliminate or mitigate this virus. Good luck to all you paper model guys!!
Old 04-01-2021, 08:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
And when can we finally have the DC-4? Will it be this year or when the coronavirus pandemic is finally over in about twenty years....
If you go to the top of Page 22, Diderick has indicated that they're now in the process of preparing numbering and layout of the parts, so I guess it really won't be long for the model to be available, within a month or so.

Kevin, Cor is doing a test-build himself I understood, but you can be assured I will put a thread on the forum once I start building. A DC-4 is special, and I wouldn't want to miss the party .

Cheers,
Erik
Old 04-01-2021, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Cor is indeed doing the testbuild himself - combined with lay out and numbering, and most important: with making the instruction sketches. Also, we want a picture of the model for the cover! And Petestein: the DC-4 has been much delayed because Cor is a very conscientious and ambitious designer, who sets himself the highest standards. I hope he will be rewarded by record breaking numbers of orders, both for printed copies as well as Print-Your-Own files. The light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter.
Google Adsense
Old 04-01-2021, 03:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thanks for the updates Erik and Diderick. Much appreciated.

It is great having followed this project, now seeing it come together at the end!
Old 04-01-2021, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
i have a very extensive database of avianca DC-4 pics in case you need t for that repaint
Old 04-01-2021, 05:35 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I have moved certain posts away from this thread, by multiple requests.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 04-02-2021, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Thumbs up

A DC-3 as Kevin WS suggested would be a great idea, a tribute to the rebuild of civil aviation after the war.

Will the main gear wheel wells also be as detailed as the nose gear? That would make my day.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scon10 View Post
A DC-3 as Kevin WS suggested would be a great idea, a tribute to the rebuild of civil aviation after the war.

Will the main gear wheel wells also be as detailed as the nose gear? That would make my day.
Cor and I have always aimed at doing models of which (to our knowledge) no earlier paper models were on the market. The DC-3 aka Dakota is available from several publishers / designers.
And of course the main whells will show the same detail! Seeing Cor this weekend - hoping for more pictures of progress.
Google Adsense