PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-28-2019, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
A large three-view came up in this search:

377 site:https://the-things-with-wings.blogspot.com

Not scaled, unfortunately, but perhaps a start.

Airlinercafe.com has copies of the instruction sheets and more importantly, painting diagrams for those interested in the various liveries.

Finally, some good general info towards the bottom of the page here: https://the-things-with-wings.blogsp...airplanes.html

For those who didn't know (like me), it gives a good idea of what the 377 was all about...

Last edited by rickstef; 04-30-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
I have also heard that the German card model printer, JFS Schreiber, printed this model some few decades ago. Have you tried tp contact them?
Yes - I saw the model in the small (but charming) Schreiber museum in Esslingen, Germany. I mailed Aue Verlag (now the owners of Schreiber) but did not get any reaction, unfortunately.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
The only place so far that I have found with some sections is this place:
[Aircraft] Boeing 377 Stratocruiser | SMCars.Net - Car Blueprints Forum

There does not seem to be any dimensions given, though. The one 3-view with dimensions of the exterior is a low res graphic which makes it difficult to make out the numeric dimensions.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Yes - I saw the model in the small (but charming) Schreiber museum in Esslingen, Germany. I mailed Aue Verlag (now the owners of Schreiber) but did not get any reaction, unfortunately.
With all due respect, may I suggest you insist. Perhaps you can convince them to respond.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:58 PM

Nacelles and engines.
So after this sidestep (not very productive so far) to the Stratocruiser, back to our sheep as, the French say.

Nacelles, briefly, are a headache. I have never seen a three-view-plan with measurements and / or sections of the engine housings: the view from the top is generally OK, but that is all you get. The picture with the side views of DC-4/6 were an unusual bonus.
I asked Cor. He explains this is 'just' a matter of combining all information you can find, taking as many measurements as possible, studying as many photographs as possible, and making a final interpretation on that basis. Extremely time consuming, and even more so because the inboard and outboard nacelles are not identical.
For our DC-4 he had the instruction drawings of a Revell kit; later we were sent a lot more material – too late, but it confirmed Cor’s work so far.
So after the main bodies of the nacelles came the air intakes. Of two types, Cor went for the longer one. Other visible details of the nacelles were approached and drawn the same way. All this resulted in sketches #11, 12 and 13.
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-11-dc4_5.jpg   Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-12-dc4_6.jpg   Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-13-dc4_7.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-29-2019, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
I have looked around on Google images for the B-377 Stratocruiser - nothing. Can anyone help by finding a good three-view- plan, with measurements and sections? That would be a start...
Dunno what search term you used Diderick, but "B-377 Stratocruiser" turned up quite a few images for me ... https://www.google.com/search?q=B-37...ih=921#imgrc=_ Admittedly, good three views are thin on the ground, but there are a few if you scroll down.

Also, it may be of interest to you that there are 1:300 versions of B-377s in Bruno's "One model per (non-working) day" thread, and there are some repaints around in 1:100 scale too.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Dunno what search term you used Diderick, but "B-377 Stratocruiser" turned up quite a few images for me ... https://www.google.com/search?q=B-37...ih=921#imgrc=_ Admittedly, good three views are thin on the ground, but there are a few if you scroll down.

Also, it may be of interest to you that there are 1:300 versions of B-377s in Bruno's "One model per (non-working) day" thread, and there are some repaints around in 1:100 scale too.
Images galore - but nary a good three view plan with sections!!
Old 04-29-2019, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Images galore - but nary a good three view plan with sections!!
Try a PM to Bruno. He is pretty good at finding three views, and he has designed a model himself.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:15 AM

[QUOTE=sgoti;671320]A large three-view came up in this search:

377 site:https://the-things-with-wings.blogspot.com

Unfortunately, this link does not work?
Old 04-30-2019, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Mr, Den Bakker, did you try calling Schreiber again concerning the Stratocruiser?
Google Adsense