PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-07-2020, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
Yankeekilo,

Looks fine!
At which points did you modify the Schreiber-original?
I changed engines, props, engine inlets , rudder, horizntal sabilizer. shortened fuselage shorten wing middle section, modifyed engine nacelles , changed tyres , added astrodome and loop antenna. some parts came from whs dc-3 but most of them extensively modifyed as mentioned. i also designed the repaint, which came from a repaint i did for another of my modiffications.. the schreiber bogen dc-6.

Last edited by yankeekilo; 04-07-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
This is going to be a model that will set standards!
Old 04-07-2020, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scon10 View Post
This is going to be a model that will set standards!
Definitely - just like Cor's other planes and locomotives. With ecardmodels back in business, They are easy to get now. Of course they can also be ordered through my website.
D.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
i want to buy it like right now!! great model!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Definitely - just like Cor's other planes and locomotives. With ecardmodels back in business, They are easy to get now. Of course they can also be ordered through my website.
D.
No doubt this model will be tops. However, haven't you thought the possibility of designing a simplified version for several modellers who are not interested in a super duper detailed model that might cost a fortune and be extremely complicated and time consuming to build? There are several modellers out there who prefer a simple and attractive reproduction that just takes a few hours to make and yet is extremely satisfied to display. I think that airline models like those printed by Schreiber are sufficiently detailed and attractive for any Joe Average person to make thus attracting more customers who sometimes due to lack of time or dexterity, stay away from super detailed models.
Just as comment, not trying to degrade any highly detailed models.
Google Adsense
Old 04-09-2020, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
. However, haven't you thought the possibility of designing a simplified version for several modellers who are not interested in a super duper detailed model
I second that.I was hoping for simple DC-4 in 1:100 or 1:72.Many of us have space restrictions.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:52 AM

Yes- I agree, up to point. The other point is that my designer Cor always becomes more and more fascinated by his subject, and goes on finding more information, which then leads to more detail... We are aiming at 1:50, but printing at 1:33 will also be possible.
The amount of detail of course also depends on the original. So this is going to be a fairly simple model. You could do what I often do myself: I hang the planes from the ceiling, so I have an excuse to leave the landing gear out...
Finally, in most of Cor's models movable and other complicated details are often optional. So when the model becomes available, buy the download version, then experiment with downsizing to 1/72 or even 1/100 - and keep us informed here!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:04 AM

Work on the DC-4 had to be delayed in favour of a -profitable- commercial project, which was finished in two weeks. So now back to the DC-4. Cor is concentrating on the last details, and making a start with 'developing' the various elements: the change of the 3D computer images to 2D parts.
The two pictures show work on the ailerons - movable for an experienced builder, but these movable solutions are optional: one can also choose a simpler çlosed wing surface' version. We have appled that to earlier plane models, like our Fokker F27 Friendship.
Reservations (printed or download) are very welcome - especially because it will help me plan the number to be printed! Send me a pm, please?
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-dc4_bouw_85.jpg   Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-dc4_bouw_86.jpg  
Old 04-30-2020, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Good news. Perhaps I shouldn't ask but when more or less this DC-4 will be available? After several months waiting, I think it is a good moment to have it so we can take the advantage of coronavirus conditions to start making this fantastic model. I hope it won'¡t take several more months to have it ready. By the way, is it the military or civil version, or both.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Good news. Perhaps I shouldn't ask but when more or less this DC-4 will be available? After several months waiting, I think it is a good moment to have it so we can take the advantage of coronavirus conditions to start making this fantastic model. I hope it won'¡t take several more months to have it ready. By the way, is it the military or civil version, or both.
If you realise that all this work is also 'just a (very serious, and highly accomplished) hobby' for designer Cor, who takes literally hundreds of hours for each project, you will understand that we cannot give an estimate of when it will be finished! He enjoys (and yes, sometimes gets carried away by) new details, finding solutions for computer- and designing problems, avoiding getting overworked by aiming too high... and all that for sometimes no more than just a few score of items sold! We both regard every project as just that: every new plan becomes more fascinating as we go along. One of the main problems: finding detailed drawings, photographs etc.is often almost impossible.
Compare this to an architectural model: in most cases, architects are only too pleased to provide their original drawings (blueprints). My modern architecture models in the Zeist Bouwplaten series are good examples of that (see my site, modern architecture, series Zeist bouwplaten). Even for the modern Dutch Navy ship (Landing Platform Dock Johan de Witt, in the Paper Trade series, designed for me by JSC) I was given excellent drawings by the shipyard.
In the case of planes and trains, it is a very different story...
And as I have mentioned before: choosing the version (KLM, or US airforce, or perhaps both) will be literally the last of our problems / decisions - when the model has been completed... After that, we hope Erik Zwaan will do a test build - after that, we will market the model. So don't hold your breath - and unfortunately, it looks as if the Corona problem will stay with us for very much longer than we all seem to think - so there will be time enough to wait and the build this plane...
In the meantime: several of Cor's excellent designs are available via my site, both printed or as download, and via Ecardmodels.
Google Adsense