PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-06-2021, 02:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
This is an example of how to avoid too much detail. In themselves the cylinders are not difficult - just an awful lot of work (x 4!). They can simply be replaced by a printed disk, with the engine in 2D.
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-engine-detail-web.jpg  
Old 04-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
It would be waste not to build such detail. Besides, you will see a lot of engine from the front, so 3D will look perfect.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
amazing!! congratulations!!! still waiting for this release!!
Old 04-11-2021, 06:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Incredible level of detail... love to see it but I would never attempt to build it. Not enough good sight nor patience

Please, bring more pictures soon!
Old 04-13-2021, 02:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.55 MB
Dear modelers

In order to maintain good and precise building results I am checking the KLM version to the limit. Here are some of my latest results and still I am finding things to improve on, to alter or to add although most fittings prove to be correct and are very pleasing to the eye. The tail section has been improved by adding a curved beading edge to strengthen the structure and now it is rigid and ready to be cladded with the outer panels. Also I had to add all the hinges necessary to make ailerons, flaps, rudder and elevons moveable or better said positionable (You can glue it in the position you want within the natural limits).So still a lot of work to be done, but these critical parts take most of the building time. Next will be finishing the tail section and moving on to wings, engines and main gear. I will not post every week because of lack of time but will be sending pictures to Diderick so he can publish them. Do not be afraid of buying this model, it is complex, but doable enough for the accomplished builder. For really easier versions try other models of DC-6 of DC-7 versions published by others like Schreiber etc.

Thank you for your interest

greetings
Cor the designer
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-pa_01.jpg   Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-pa_03.jpg   Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-pa_05.jpg   Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-pa_06.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2021, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
No doubt this model is going to be perhaps the most detailed card model ever designed. But I insist, A simpler model would have also been very nice for the great majority of card model aficionados who just want to have a nice, detailed model of this most famous aircraft without having to spend ages building it. And you suggest building Schreiber's DC-7 or WHM's DC-6, well, this two airplanes are NOT the DC-4, they may be similar but are not a DC-4. Anyway, yout Skymaster its going to revolutionize card model aircraft, but as you very well say, only for experienced modellers. Not even plastics have come up to this detail.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchbuilt View Post
Dear modelers

In order to maintain good and precise building results I am checking the KLM version to the limit. Here are some of my latest results and still I am finding things to improve on, to alter or to add although most fittings prove to be correct and are very pleasing to the eye. The tail section has been improved by adding a curved beading edge to strengthen the structure and now it is rigid and ready to be cladded with the outer panels. Also I had to add all the hinges necessary to make ailerons, flaps, rudder and elevons moveable or better said positionable (You can glue it in the position you want within the natural limits).So still a lot of work to be done, but these critical parts take most of the building time. Next will be finishing the tail section and moving on to wings, engines and main gear. I will not post every week because of lack of time but will be sending pictures to Diderick so he can publish them. Do not be afraid of buying this model, it is complex, but doable enough for the accomplished builder. For really easier versions try other models of DC-6 of DC-7 versions published by others like Schreiber etc.

Thank you for your interest

greetings
Cor the designer
The intricate tail looks great!

Isaac
Old 04-13-2021, 02:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Very impressive Cor! Take your time, it’s really worth the waiting!

Regards,
Erik
Old 04-13-2021, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Building this model in all its detail will make me feel a veritable aircraft factory.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Cor,

You're definitely capturing the shape perfectly.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense