PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 04-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Yug-san, I'm glad there are those that appreciate those efforts and coming from a master such as yourself it is doubly appreciated.

In the pictures below are shown 2 fairly major mods to the design. For those familiar with the design you can see that the frame for the outer wing panel has been significantly improved with the addition of shear panels between the ribs and spars.

The other major change is in the wingskin. I moved the aileron and flap from the bottom portion of the wing and connected them to the top along the trailing edge, the idea being to make construction a lot easier. I always mess up the trailing edge. In fact the left wing panel is the old design and my failure to do a good job on it made me try this approach.

And the last picture shows about 2/3 of the projects I have going at present. Hopefully I can get the Corsair out of the way soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Military Super Corsair-001.jpg   Military Super Corsair-002.jpg   Military Super Corsair-004.jpg  

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
The Corsair is looking good Will. Can't wait to buy this version in the shop. :D

And only 2/3 of the projects you have going? Is the other third hiding behind some of that cardstock scrap? LOL!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:54 AM

the other projects are still only electrons floating around in my computer. But there are enough scraps on my desk to hide a couple of other projects. I really need to clean my room.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 PM

Well it looks like an airplane or should I say it looks like a corsair? I bet a lot of the newbies don't have a clue why that is said so much around here. I'm wishing I had done a little more edge coloring but overall I'm very happy with what's been built. But I'll let you all judge for yourselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Military Super Corsair-001.jpg   Military Super Corsair-002.jpg   Military Super Corsair-003.jpg  

Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It looks like a Mustang Mk.LVI.
Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Looks good. This one will definitely go on my build when it's available.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Don, I had to go back to the appropriate thread to find the meaning and still am not sure I fully understand all the weird humor that everyone was throwing out while trying to mess with everyone else's mind but it was entertaining.

Dan thanks for the interest, just so all of you know I've started added fasteners to the paint job. I was noticing that something was missing and have been debating for a long while wether or not to add them since viewing a model is like seeing the real thing from a distance and items that small just don't really show up, but I'm adding them and will see what I think.

Another reason I was so hesitant was that my printer (a HP 7200 series photo printer) didn't have very good resolution, so thinking that most people wouldn't have printers capable of printing really fine details made it a waste of time to incorporate them. But I printed this latest build out on a much newer printer and could see the little letters so I decided to add the fasteners.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Will, I would recommend including such things as fasteners and bolt heads but not flush rivets. IMHO the flush rivet depiction is widely (and poorly) done on most paper and plastic models. If you bear in mind that looking at a 1:33 model from a foot or two away is like viewing the real thing at 33-66 feet you realize that a lot of the "detail" that we have on our models actually would not be visible. I'm not even a fan of panel lines appearing on modern aircraft models unless they depict a distinct change in thickness or material (color change) on the real thing. Your models seem to have just the right amount of surface detail...please don't change a thing!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Ron speaks truth on the flush rivet perception issue.

Will - I couldn't resist harkening back to the original "looks like a Corsair" routine, but more important, your Corsair is a stunning model that I would love to be capable of doing justice to some day. It has been most interesting watching your design and build threads over the years. I've acquired several of your models, including the polka-dotted Moonbat McSwine, and hope that I will eventually get them built. My silly interjection notwithstanding, you have created a masterpiece here.

Ron -- As the creator of the story, thanks for not pointing out that it was actually a Corsair Mk. LVI. Dan, who started it all with his canopy search, would know that "it is definitely a Mustang."

Don
Old 04-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Ron, That was my thinking, just the big stuff. Currently I use 40% grey for the panel lines but have been wondering if maybe I should go darker to make them more subtle? Or maybe go with the hairline thickness? I use the current width setting because of the aforemention printer issue. The panel lines were getting lost because the print quality was poor.

Colonel, your patronage and comments are always appreciated.

Google Adsense