PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 02-02-2022, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
So this is the craft completed! I was very pleased to have heard back from the manufacturer who appreciated the work. I hoped that perhaps I'll have chances to work on other projects with MMIST in the future.

I didn't like the "parachute" bag that I created for this kit. To me, it doesn't look organic enough, but other builders might feel otherwise. I also struggled a bit getting the tips of the landing skids to roll up appropriately. The method I used was to form the skid out of a paper popsicle stick rolled down to the correct diameter. Then I bent the tip up around a rod to get the angle and finally squished it back "round" with tweezers. This left a few dimples and dents that you might still see, but I fixed the worst of them with some liquid putty prior to painting. If there's a better way for either of these, I'm all ears for a design modification.

Thanks to Rick and team for approving the download. Its published now in the contemporary aircraft section. If anyone gives it a try, let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
CQ-10 Snowgoose-img_2149.jpg   CQ-10 Snowgoose-img_2152.jpg