PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-26-2024, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Exactly Michael, it was never meant to be a, "build thread" but rather, it is intended to be a, "design thread"

I just wanted to share the process as these CGI models are actually being designed primarily for, "virtual" applications.

But me, knowing the values of card modeling have put in the time and attention into CGI modeling and animation that I PERSONALLY would value a card model.

So, other than producing the simplified, student version, I also made provisions for a more advanced model that I myself would enjoy building with ease of assembly being a priority as I'm much better at drawing than building...

YES!, it has indeed been an, "Adventure" and I'm more than happy to bring everyone along (why should I have all of the fun?)

This is essentially the DD 886 USS ORLECK design process and there is a lot to design, I was once asked, "When will you be done?" my reply? "When I run out of things to draw"... (logic)

Last edited by FRD; 03-26-2024 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:03 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
I like your response to the question: "When will you be done?"
Agreed. Many of us get caught up in “finishing” a project.
I think most of us begin thinking about the next project before finishing the current one.
So the anticipation takes over, and we face the need to get the current one out of the way.
Anyway . . . I'm appreciating all the interesting sides of this one.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:13 AM

Relevent:

THIS IS WHAT I WAS AFTER!!! (and I couldn't be happier!) While these images may not mean much to most, they mean a great deal to me because these details are critical for "accurate representation" on the CGI model that will be used for animation.
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-01.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-02.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-03.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-04.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-05.jpg  

DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-06.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-07.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-09.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-10.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-11.jpg  

DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-12.jpg  
Old Today, 05:28 AM

Linkage

This is what I'm working on now, all of this linkage has to be, "sorted out" for future animation. (this should be fun)...
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-01.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-02.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-03.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-04.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-05.jpg  

DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-06.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-07.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-08.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-09.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-10.jpg  

DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-11.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-12.jpg