PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-20-2022, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.92 MB
I'm nervous to work with a metal finish paper. Any glue residue or misaligned parts stick out like a sore thumb. I've got a few metal finish planes that I've been scared to start. Yours look really good though!
Old 05-20-2022, 07:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Yes, the metal paper provides an interesting look
and your build is fantastic as before.

But, apparently, you are now not building the model as it is in the kit
as per our original agreement for "test build" and "photoshoot"?

"Free model in return for photos I can use in the store listing"?

Store listing photos really need to the show the model for sale, as per the kit.
And in this case, I want to show off the effort and artwork I put into this model,
including my own printed faux-metal look.
And, as discussed in email, I also need a photo of the (correct) built model for the Cover of the kit.

As I said in our email conversation, you don't need to build the older 1st gen model for me,
since it is not the model I am selling,
and not the model I need photos of.
So photos of that one are useless to me in this regard.

I guess, once again, I stop giving out free models and expecting test builds and photos.
Eventually, I'll get around to building it myself then.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.53 MB
Like I said before, I told you that I am still building the gen 2 version of the kit without the metallic paper. The last photo I put in there was to compare how the gen 1 version looked compared to the gen 2 with metallic paper. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this to you, but I am still working on the gen 2 version and building it the way the buyer would be building it, No metallic paper, No extra details. I am close to having that version done. You keep ignoring me whenever I have told you this so please understand that I am still building Gen 2 version, no metallic paper, no extra details. I am still sending you the photos of the "out of box" version even if you don't use them. You sent me the model to test build the way it is suppose to be, I am doing exactly what you asked of me, Ill send you photos of the "out of box" version progress as soon as I get out of school today. Please read this and understand I am doing exactly what you asked of me...
Old 05-20-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote "...how many times I have to repeat this to you."

what???

Okay, I see this is now going to turn nasty....I can publish your emails if you like.
You never said you would also be building a third model (Gen 2 version san metallic paper)

In your very last email (which arrived last night at 11.09pm) you stated:
"... I am still working on the original version of the kit with no add ons or details or metallic paper. "
And you went on to say that you will send me photos of that when its completed.
To which I responded "don't bother, they are no good to me"

And your latest photo shows me the "original version" is still being constructed with more parts.
It only shows two builds...neither of which helps me.

I have not "ignored" you at all. Thats a false statement.
In fact, I have maintained a continuing dialogue with you via email.
So, how am I ignoring you?

You started this thread...called it "Photoshoot Build / Test Build"
So you knew what we were doing and I have no arguments there.
But you changed things half-way by introducing a significant modification that
interferes with the test build
and interferes with the photos I need for a store listing.

I told you what the problem was, in private, in email.
But your response did not indicate that you would also be building a THIRD non-metallic 2nd gen version.
Instead you are now claiming that you did tell me this and that I am ignoring you?

Please don't try to make it look like I've done anything wrong here.
I just told you not to bother building (or sending me photos) of the "original" build.
And I voiced my disappointment with the changes to the Gen 2 model.

No worries...(as I said in an earlier email).
I've learned my lesson again...I'm a glutton for punishment.
We both have better things to do than fight over this.
Focus on school, thats a lot more important.
I can resort to my own mock-up artwork for the cover, which is what I should have done in the first place.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:25 AM

You can show everyone the E-mails. I have done nothing out of place. I agree that it is foolish to fight over this and I didn't want it to come off like I was saying you were ignoring me (I worded that poorly) I wanted to make sure everything got done that you wanted me to do. Yes, I am working on a third one that is how you want it to be built. I can continue working on this if you'd like. But if you insist that you don't want any photos of the completed model from me then fine. I respect your wishes and I will leave you alone. But I will feel bad as you asked me to build this kit for you and now (to me) it sounds like you don't want completed photos of the model. This is just a huge misunderstanding and I haven't made things very clear. But can we just leave this off on a good note if this is the case. I don't want us to become enemy's over a simple misunderstanding. All I am asking is that we clear some things up so I can finish what I started and get everything done for you because I feel bad making you build this model because I am "incapable" of doing it myself. Sorry for all the trouble, I hope we can settle this and clear everything up...
-OSN
Google Adsense
Old 05-20-2022, 10:19 AM

You admitted yesterday that you had made a mistake not asking me about the metallic paper.
If you had told me 24 hours ago that you were building a 'third' model
then none of this bickering would have occurred.

But you didn't.

-I offered a free model to you in return for store use photos.
-I asked you to start a build thread to showcase and promote the model for me.
-You agreed to build the first model until I changed that model (2nd gen).
-Then you built the second model using metallic paper (without warning to me).
-When I told you this build will not be of any good to me,
you told me that you would complete the first build and send me those photos.
-So then I told you that was also of no use to me...then you admitted the error of not informing me
and said you thought the metallic paper would impress my customers.
-I told you not to bother sending me photos of the first build...
-And then I told you I have no use (in my store or on the model cover) for photos of the metallic build.

I told you I didn't want photos of a model that didn't match the model I was selling.
I haven't ignored you, as you claimed.
You have not repeated anything about building a third model...that's a completely new piece of information today.
Stop trying to make it seem like I am disagreeable to you or making it difficult for you.

I appreciate that school takes priority and I wouldn't expect you to do anything that interferes with that.
Build what you like.
Build whatever way you like.
Its okay.
If you decide to build a third (2nd Gen Maj Mac), you can send me photos of that build...or don't.
If the photos show the model in the way I need, I will use them. (I told you I needed a cover photo)
If the photos are suitable for use in the store listing, I'll use them.
If you send me nothing, I won't be any more disappointed.
Thats the way it goes.
Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't.
I'm moving on now to my second Gen2 update "Slick Chick".
Old 05-20-2022, 10:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.75 GB
Dude, @airdave, the guy is giving you good visibility. Going loud on this thread just looks bad. EVEN if you are right.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:34 AM

Update To This Thread

Update! Things are settled, and clarified.
Dave, Thanks for the clarification on all of this. I think some of the information regarding the Maj Mac project was just unorganized. I am making an effort to get you the photos of the Maj Mac model the way you want it. (No metallic paper, No extra detailing) I should have it done by the end of the weekend and the photos sent over.
Quick Question: How do you want the photos of the model to look? Plain Black or White background? My original plan was to get some photos of the model outside and blur the background so you just see the model, and some nice outside effects giving it good lighting. Just want to clarify that so when it gets to taking the photos that there is no confusion or mistakes made there.
For the people tuning in, please read below.
Stay out of the arguments that happened above. Everything is settled and it was all just because of bad communication on my end.
I thank you all for the continuous support on this project. I will be shifting the photos of the "out of box" build to a new thread (I think, not sure yet) and the metallic model will stay here. So if you want to see the model being built the way you would buy it, please follow the link to that new thread that I will try to post here when I have the time. Thank you everyone for keeping up with the build!
Thank you for the clarification Dave... Sorry for all the mis-communication.
I am very sorry to all of you for all this, and I hope all of you have a wonderful day --OSN
Old 05-21-2022, 06:17 PM

Finished Model

The P-47 "Maj Mac" is done!!
Sorry I didn't have any photos of the model in it's final stages of building. I have been a little down lately from all the previous events. But here you are, The finished "Maj Mac" P-47 printed on metallic paper. Now on to building the "out of box" version of the kit for the cover of the kit. Thank you Dave for another wonderful building experience. And thank you all for the continuous support. Please do stay tuned if you are interested in keeping up to date on the "out of box" version of the kit. Love you all!
-OSN
Attached Thumbnails
P-47 "Maj Mac" Photoshoot Build / "Test" Build-0521221735b_hdr.jpg   P-47 "Maj Mac" Photoshoot Build / "Test" Build-0521221736_hdr.jpg   P-47 "Maj Mac" Photoshoot Build / "Test" Build-0521221736a_hdr.jpg  
Old 05-21-2022, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
The metallic turned out very nice. Well done OSN.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense

Tags
airdave