Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Ecardmodels is legitimate no worries there......Rich
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
A-hem....oh cool, a big train!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Was in Chicago a few weeks ago and went to the Museum of Science where
In 1954, U-505 was donated and is now a restored museum ship.
She is one of six U-boats that were captured by Allied forces during World War II, and the first warship to be captured by U.S. forces on the high seas since the War of 1812. U-505 is one of four German World War II U-boats that survive as museum ships, and the only Type IXC still in existence. Took over a hundred photos in a walk around detail fashion. Though not a type VII C, the IX C U-505 looks very similar. WWII buffs would know some of the differences. Anyway it inspires me to pull out the kit from Mr. K. I got last year and start printing.
A quick look at the posts here on Koolick's kits shows what a real artist he is. We all hope all is well with you and we look forward to the 4884 and to the awe inspiring kits you bring us in the future.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Good to hear interest in the U-505. If has been extensively restored. The book U-505 by Daniel Gallery (the USN captor) is a good read about the event.

Back to 4-8-8-4. There remains talk of UP overhauling the 4-8-8-4 on display at the Pomona Fairgrounds in LA to operational status. It would be nice if this model would be available in 1-2 years to coincide with the event.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
Kooklik, This design looks great so far! Please follow through with your design, this will be a fun one to build I can just tell!!

We'll all keep an eye on this one so we can all build this model!! Thanks

RichO, Crawler 114/499
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Quoting from the original Trains Magazine article of 12/7/2012:

"rebuilding the No. 4014 would take several years with the aim of operating for the 150th celebration of the completion of the first transcontinental railroad in 2019."

Quoting Hathaway Veteran:

" It would be nice if this model would be available in 1-2 years to coincide with the event."

Fortunately, there are more years left than that, so Kooklik need not feel quite so pressured to perform.

Incidentally, the 4-8-8-4 Big Boy and the 4-6-6-4 Challenger (UP #3985) designs were created concurrently by ALCo and are virtually so identical that Kooklik's kit could be used to kitbash a Challenger simply by shortening it by one driver on each "engine" section.

That said, for aficionados of the type, Challengers of UP, Delaware & Hudson, Clinchfield and Denver & Rio Grande Western are possible. Among smaller scale model railroaders who host group operating sessions, these large G-Scale locomotives make very nice wall display items for crew lounges. Imagine the conversation pieces these PAPER models that look like plastic or diecast metal would make!!!

GO Kooklik!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:56 AM

From USA supersonic:

Quoting from the original Trains Magazine article of 12/7/2012:

"rebuilding the No. 4014 would take several years with the aim of operating for the 150th celebration of the completion of the first transcontinental railroad in 2019."

Quoting Hathaway Veteran:

" It would be nice if this model would be available in 1-2 years to coincide with the event."

Fortunately, there are more years left than that, so Kooklik need not feel quite so pressured to perform.

I nominally compressed the milestone in my mind to 2015, but 2019 is the stated date. the intent of my comment was to generate publicity and sales. Interestingly, the comment about the 4-6-6-4 modularity would also work for same intent: How cool would it be have a large paper model of the UP 3985??

2019 is probably a realistic deadline, as the USRA will need to come up with a team to do a boiler inspection, and those for example who worked 4-8-8-4s are not that numerous anymore.

In any event, this model promises to be monumental and epic at the same time and I am happy to wait patiently. :-)[/COLOR]
Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 PM

A Big Boy would be nice......complex but incredible, but givin a choice in the matter, ANY American Locomotive paper model kit of the steam variety, other than the Jupiter would be GREAT..because other than the Jupiter, a 4-4-0 and one more 4-4-0 like the Jupiter and the older 0-4-0 by the woodcarver, there are none except diesels!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
Kooklik, throw us a bone here, its been months, how's it going? well I hope.

RichO, crawler 114/499
Old 06-06-2013, 05:00 PM

Sure wish someone would design a smaller Steam locomotive. A 2-6-0 or 2-8-0. These were the main stays of most railroads in the early years! A 1/48 or O scale version would be great! I would but i couldnt design a box!
Google Adsense