PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey Avery! I just purchase the regulus from ecard today,.. I look forward to building it soon,.. ever since I seen it at the intrepid museum its been on my mind,.. I bet you could sell a whole bunch in their gift shop
Old 10-01-2011, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Purchased the Regulus from ECard. Thanks for your excellent work!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 AM

Is it okay if I design a vertical and horizontal center keel of some sort for this model? i am scared I am gonna mess it up
Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 AM

I printer at work prints the blue too dark I need to lighten it up,.. then again I also print on laser paper,.. i think i should dabble with inkjets i suspect that this regulus blue is alot like a corsair blue or blue angels blue
Old 10-04-2011, 07:29 PM

thanks for the go ahead on the keels,.. the templates are almost done being drawn,.. whats the preference on sub structures,.. balsa?,.. cardstock/matboard/artboard?

does it really matter?
Google Adsense
Old 10-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
I might avoid balsa, as it's a bit tricky to get into a nice circle shape (it likes to split and it sands too well) and if you have access to good quality matboard/artboard like material I'd use that as a first choice. Laminated cardstock takes a bit more effort but will work just as well. When I built (but did not finish) the fuselage, I laminated the formers to cardstock until I got to a thickness of 1mm (I forget if I specified that on the instructions) and it worked fine. Just be sure to use something other than a water based adhesive if you laminate.

I'll send you that e-mail with the reference photos as soon as I can, I just keep forgetting to corral what I have on the laptop.

[email protected]
Old 10-04-2011, 09:14 PM

sweet! great advice!,.. I marked out areas for 1/16th balsa thickness,.. but i think your right, matt board might be the better way to go i was going to laminate the balsa with 6mm depron on both sides of the bulkhead and along the keels (seen a thread that did it to keep the sections from having that starving horse look) it helps maintain the orm of the skins

see that thread here:
Seamless Paper Model construction

believe I am busy too so no worries if you cant get to the reference soon,.. I found a cut-away drawing that is big and shows the mounting bracket but at an angle,.. i suppose i could scratchbuild/draw it to a close enough shape,.. heres that image,.. it would be cool to do a cutaway model wouldnt it?

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/u...-8-Cutaway.gif