PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Thanks for all your work to put this together!
Just downloaded it and looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
A little help

Blender does takes a while to learn. Every full 3D program such as Blender takes time to learn and usually has a steep learning curve. Don't give up on it, it grows on you.

Blender interface is kinda deceiving cause it looks simple at first but it there is a lot of functionality in it. Blender wasn't the easiest to learn program at first but after a few tutorials I got the hang of it and I got going.

There is a lot of tutorial material out there and books on how to learn Blender. There is a lot of documentation in the wiki place and many, many tutorials are free. If you want to get started with Blender I suggest that you start with a tutorial that explain the interface and the like first. Cause there you will find a lot of the basic functionality that you need to get started.

Try those tutorials that are designed for newbies, cause there are tutorials that are too advanced for first timers and there are quite a few of the basic ones around and they are very good to get you going. At first it may be a bit frustrating but believe me once you learn the most important parts of 3D modeling it's way, way easier to design paper models by unfolding 3D models that with manual methods and far more precise.

In the Blender site itself there are a lot of links to tutorials and documentation just hit the tab at the top that says Education and Help and you will find a lot there.

Also look at these two attachment images that I'm placing here. They are two templates that help as a key reference to many Blender functions, they helped me a lot when I was learning it. The only thing is that here you won't be able to see them full size so if you sent me a private message with your e-mail I can send them over to you cause I was looking for the link were I found them and I couldn't get it.
Attached Thumbnails
New Free E-Book About Paper Model Design With Blender 3D-blenderhotkeyseditmode.jpg   New Free E-Book About Paper Model Design With Blender 3D-blenderhotkeysobjectmode.jpg  
Old 03-26-2010, 12:52 PM

Oh I found the link to the keyboard reference templates here it is:

Doc:Reference/Hotkeys/Map - BlenderWiki
Old 03-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 79.6 KB
David
first, thanks for the outstanding book - not only informative but very well written (Im really enjoying reading - being an alien)

second, I'd like to place it at our russian card modeller's forum ( "Card Army" site forum ) and at another modeller's forum ( ScaleModels.ru were we have card modeller's corner) as I see your license permits this, copyrights preserved

Moreover, I'd like to translate some excerpts from it into russian and place them into my review of this book accompanying the download link at these forums - could I have a permission to?

At the moment I do not have an exact list of excerpts to be translated but I think this might be about 1/50 ...1/20 of book content - introduction (deserves to be a chapter in an encyclopedia), essentials and most valuable recommendations to designers

Please confirm / specify
Old 03-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
It's clear that an awful lot of work and dedication has gone into the development and production of this book. I d/l it last night and intended to only have a quick browse but was well engrossed in the content after only a few pages. This is a very valuable and generous contribution to the hobby and I will certainly be promoting it wherever possible. Thank you!!!
Google Adsense
Old 03-26-2010, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.34 MB
It's a gift. Thank you, David.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Eternal Member

good book and i will download soon as i get a new laptop. one thing someon on the site their suggests lulu.com for having it available as a hard copy. what i know from helping with designing a book cover they ask that pictures or Cymk format and the whole file has to be pdf for printing anyway so no real work other than making the front cover cymk format and i am sure if you can't change the front cover to cymk can send it to anyone here who has the software to change it to that and send it back to you.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:49 PM

Great book, thanks a lot!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 AM

To mgolovanov, go ahead you have permission, it is OK with me.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:48 AM

To: doctormax

It is a bit more complicated than that, I posted an explanation in Deviantart about it. Let's see if in the future I have more time to be able to do that, I really would like to do it but I can't guarantee it.

And anyway thank you all for your support.
Google Adsense