PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 06-04-2011, 03:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers

I am about 98% done from unfolding the submarine 707R and thought I would take a break and try to building one of a Speedbird's concept sea racer just for fun(building is a hell a lot more fun then unfolding I tell you what). I never did have intentions to go this far. But once I started, I couldn't stop. This two sea birds took about three evening to get to this point. The first one is a American racer. Did that one on the first night. The second racer is British. I thought that would be easier that the American racer, but I keep reworking the hull so that took two evenings . I like to build about 12 more racers from the book. There are more then 12 concept sea birds in the book, but some of them are just so way out there that are not to my liking. Trying to stay true to the original design too but don't think that will happen. I only got one side view to work off from so I have to make things up as I goes. On top of that, Some of the design don't make sense to me, so I have to changes parts and shape too to make the 2D drawings works in 3D. But anyway, I got this two birds close enough that I actually happy with. In the second British Racer, that is Porco sitting in there. Don't have a cockpit yet. I'm going to wait till I finished all the racers then do the cockpit. I'm hoping to just build one or two cockpits and then drop them in every racers. The birds are scale to match my Savoia.S21 size in 1/24 and I can drop Porco in every one of them, or I'll just reuse the body and change the helmet design for each ship. If I got around to finish unfolding the 707R this weekend, I'll get right on the third French sea racer, and the French bird design looks a lot like the American's racer too, so I hoping it would be easy and fast build(if GOD willing).
Attached Thumbnails
Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-01-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-02-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-03-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-04-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-05-copy.jpg  

Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-06-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-07-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-08.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-09-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-10-copy.jpg  

Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-11-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-12-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-13-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-14-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-15-copy.jpg  

Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-16-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-17-copy.jpg   Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-18-copy.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-04-2011, 03:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
very interesting,what's the book they are from please? are they real world concepts or are they from a story?. Beautiful designs I look forward to seeing them finished and I hope you get to do some more.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 287.62 MB
These surely look weird, but I like them!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Oh, wow, Allen, those look so cool and fast, even just sitting still...can't wait to see these develop...Simon
Old 06-04-2011, 06:53 AM

Googling gave me this concept ships: Concept ships from SpeedBirds I really can't wait to see them finished now.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 343.62 MB
Porco Rosso is very cool. Great movie! I will have to watch it again. Love the idea of updated Schneider Cup races. I would like to build a version of each plane when possible.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very cool. Too bad that the one copy of the book that is available on Amazon is $199.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Banned

Those are interesting concept craft. I can't wait to see what you do with these. I know it's going to be awesome already! Here's a link I found for some drawings if anyone is interested to see drawings of futuristic Schneider Cup racers.

speedbirds - Google Search
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 AM

Some nice designs there,thanks Zathros I really like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Speedbirds concept Sea Reacers-idw-20101-20speedbirds-20-20alembic.jpg  
Old 06-04-2011, 01:28 PM

Such a great collection of material.

Can't wait to see some more Goodduck work.
Google Adsense