PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 07-21-2007, 04:06 PM

Location: Right under the final approach to Filton, where they make Airbus wings.
Total Downloaded: 0
Well, its taken me the best part of a week of evening spare time (in between watching World at War on the UK History Channel) but I've got all the bolt and rivet holes marked out on those frames! I'll post another pic when I have the rest of the frames put together. Virtually, that is; I'm miles (sorry, kilometres) off actually cutting anything out yet....

Anyone hazard another guess as to the subject?

Tim
Old 07-21-2007, 08:00 PM

If you've marked the rivet holes on the frame does that mean you're going to model each individual rivet in paper ???

I would have said King George V as well, can you give us a clue.

By the way, my steam loco 'Polly' is coming on nicely. www.wakelin.org/polly for the latest progress.

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-21-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunwinglow View Post
Woo, Fozzy, I'm not treading on your toes am I?? I just read your other thread about doing a loco.

Tim
LOL ROFLMAO.... No of course not!! The more train models there are the better! :D

By The Way.... G.W.R. is not Gods Wonderful Railway..... It stands for Grinding Wobbly Rottboxes.

Maurice,
4472, held a measured speed record at 100 but the Germans were already running regular services at higher speeds than that, in that period. So it's not really a record at all.

Mallards speed record was exceeded numerous times, by numerous other locomotives. Just that they were never recorded. There is also a very valid technical dispute about the calibration of the dynamometer car used on that run. Having actually dismantled the equipment in question I can personally confirm that the record is probably not genuinely valid. In any case, it was not achieved in regular service, it was achieved on specially lightened train which doesn't make it particularly interesting.

The real record which is not dynanometer recorded is probably held by Princess Corronation (Duchess Class) locomotives in regular service, given their actual distance timings.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
LINK: Designing America's First Railway Locomotive, "Stourbridge Lion"
Old 07-22-2007, 03:42 AM

Location: Right under the final approach to Filton, where they make Airbus wings.
Ho Ho Ho! Like I said, I'm not going to get drawn......

When I was very small, my father and I were in the railway museum at York, looking up at a GWR loco (I can't recall which..) Dad mentioned the GWR alternate meaning (not yours Fozzy; you are beginning to sound desperate!!!) and a tall skinny gingerhaired chap standing nearby snapped 'KEEP YER PHILISTINE IDEAS TO YER'SEL!!!!' So I was introduced to ERP (Extreme Railway Partisanship) at a very early age. Always makes me smile.....

OK, clues. It isn't a King. It is a 4-6-0. It doesn't have joggled frames. It wasn't designed for a boiler pressure of 280lb/sq inch. I could go on....

Dad is an SDR man himself, having, as a lad, frequently been allowed on the footplates of locos in and around Baths Green Park station. Imagine what the 'elf 'n safety wallahs would have to say about that nowadays.

Right, back to the rest of the frames....

Tim

PS British Steam Since 1900 by W A Tuplin. Excellent read....

Last edited by wunwinglow; 07-22-2007 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:35 AM

How about the Torquay Manor ?

I take it that it IS one from Gods Wonderful Railway
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Ooo, Mark, you and Maurice are bracketing the target with your shots!!! If I said they made lots of them, would that help?

Tim
Old 07-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Eternal Member

is it a Hall class then Tim ?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunwinglow View Post
Ooo, Mark, you and Maurice are bracketing the target with your shots!!! If I said they made lots of them, would that help?

Tim
Let me guess It's a Castle Class.... the hole in the frames near the front driver is, maybe a clue....

Let me guess again.... you're going to do it as the one in the Harry Potter films :D (although that was maybe a Manor)

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
LINK: Designing America's First Railway Locomotive, "Stourbridge Lion"
Old 07-22-2007, 12:47 PM

And Fozzy gets it!! Yep, Castle Class, post number 4093; I haven't decided which yet, but probably one of the earlier ones with the scolloped steam chests, so 4093 to 5012. The later ones had a more boxy arrangement that I don't think is so attractive. There are some good names amongst that block, so maybe Harlech or Tintagel. Anyway, I've a lot of work before I get to putting the name plates on....

Harry Potter??!! No, that was a Hall, even though it had the name 'Hogwarts Castle' on it. (shudder!!) That and some dreadful pink paint (double-shudder!!!)

Tim
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
Where was the pink on the Hogwart's Express?? I though it was a Deep Red.(almost Blood-red or Burgandy)
It is called Scarlett in the books.
The sad new about that train, I have read that it gets vandalized when left idle between movie shoots.
Google Adsense