PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-30-2014, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Oh, thanks bkensky! I really should put the final touches to these models and release them. I've built at least a dozen of them! The final touches being a revision of the windscreen base and the separation of the canopy and spine.

The family so far includes the following versions:
- Chengdu JJ-7/FT-7 in standard and fuselage variants
- MiG-21U-400 and U-600
- MiG-21US
- MiG-21UM

The design thread is here: • Afficher le sujet - Guizhou JJ-7/FT-7 et MiG-21 U/US/UM au 1/200
Old 05-30-2014, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.28 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe View Post
Oh, thanks bkensky! I really should put the final touches to these models and release them. I've built at least a dozen of them! The final touches being a revision of the windscreen base and the separation of the canopy and spine.

The family so far includes the following versions:
- Chengdu JJ-7/FT-7 in standard and fuselage variants
- MiG-21U-400 and U-600
- MiG-21US
- MiG-21UM

The design thread is here: • Afficher le sujet - Guizhou JJ-7/FT-7 et MiG-21 U/US/UM au 1/200
wow!! you are being generous Carlos finally MiG 21s I would love to build them.

thank you in advance
- Bken Sai
Old 05-30-2014, 11:03 AM

So here is a beta of the pakistani FT-7P.

cafe-FT-7P-1_200-mod7-pk.pdf

(I now have to find out why pdf creator is suddenly saving in bitmap, good thing that Inkscape's default "save as pdf" produced for once a file that was under 200 k)
Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So here is a beta of the pakistani FT-7P.

Attachment 209012

(I now have to find out why pdf creator is suddenly saving in bitmap, good thing that Inkscape's default "save as pdf" produced for once a file that was under 200 k)
thank you Carlos I'll test build them asap I was wondering how deep the nose cone/radar cone should go into the intake?? a base (circle or oval) for mounting the cone would have helped.

the template looks amazing. I'll add some tabs where I feel necessary. I love experimenting.

Merci
Old 05-30-2014, 12:30 PM

The cone doesn't protrude much from the air intake, maybe between 1 and 2 mm. It's wide enough that you can glue it to the interior of the air intake. And yes, you need to add some tabs, at least on the rudder.

Also see cap for cutting the air intake correctly.

Here are 2 MiG-21U (east-german + soviet) and a MiG-21UM (soviet) in basic liveries (read "no camo").

The scale is supposed to be 1:200 but I realized they're actually the same size as Rawen & Paran's MiG-21 in 1:250.
Attached Thumbnails
Guizhou JJ-7/FT-7 in 1:200 scale-mig21-deets.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cafe-MiG-21U-UM-1_200-mod3-su-dd.pdf (169.0 KB, 96 views)
Old 05-30-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The cone doesn't protrude much from the air intake, maybe between 1 and 2 mm. It's wide enough that you can glue it to the interior of the air intake. And yes, you need to add some tabs, at least on the rudder.

Also see cap for cutting the air intake correctly.

Here are 2 MiG-21U (east-german + soviet) and a MiG-21UM (soviet) in basic liveries (read "no camo").

The scale is supposed to be 1:200 but I realized they're actually the same size as Rawen & Paran's MiG-21 in 1:250.
that helps a lot Carlos. I will make squadron of fighters and trainers hehe... I usually do models in 1:150 scale and I'll try to rescale at least one of yours to be included in my 1:150 MiG family
Old 05-31-2014, 01:27 AM

I've only made the trainers. Never finished the MiG-21F-13 and its J-7 cousins.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:59 AM

Quote:
I've only made the trainers. Never finished the MiG-21F-13 and its J-7 cousins.
I mean I have other MiG fighters like MiG 23 MiG 29, etc are in fighter versions. urs are trainers, I will try to do some modifications for fighter and recon versions like MF, PF,LanceR, SMT, etc... I noticed chengdu j-7 or f-7 have a different wing shape, not delta. pak f-7 are supposed to have them. I'll try to make a new wing and test build them.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:53 AM

On the J-7/F-7, it depends, even on pakistani aircraft. Only the last versions, starting with the J-7E (china)/F-7MG (export), have the double delta wing.

For Pakistan, it means the F-7P and MP have the old wing while the F-7PG has the new one. For Bangladesh the F-7MB (painted in grey) have the old wing while the F-7BG (painted in blue) have the new one. All FT-7 have the old wing, including the FT-7P & FT-7PG with its longer fuselage and built-in cannon.

I'll have to check if I haven't already done the double delta wing.

Here is a rundown of the main versions of the J-7/F-7:

The original J-7 (exported to Albania as F-7A) is a licence-produced MiG-21F-13.

The J-7 I reintroduces the 2nd cannon (port side) that existed on the MiG-21F and was deleted on the MiG-21F-13. It also moves the parachute housing to the base of the fin.

The J-7 II (exported as F-7B to Iraq & Egypt IIRC) changes the canopy/windshield. Bye bye the front opening canopy of the MiG-21F/F-13! (The US used some of those in addition to the MiG-21F-13 obtained from Indonesia)

The J-7 IIA (F-7 IIA) is a modernized version (british radar) of the J-7 II.

The F-7M Airguard sold to Bangladesh (F-7MB) and Myanmar was a modernized J-7 IIA with more westernized electronics and 2 additional (wet) pylons. Apparently the Myanmar examples were later modernized with israeli electronics. The J-7 IIM is the PLAAF version.

The J-7 IIH is a derivative of the J-7 IIA with improved ground attack capabilities. 4 underwing pylons.

The F-7P is an F-7M tailored for Pakistan.

The F-7MP (Pakistan) changes the british radar for an italian one. Some changes in electronics too.

The J-7 III and IV (F-7C & D but they weren't exported) are reverse-engineered versions of the MiG-21MF. One of the visible difference with the MiG-21MF is the shape of the end cone of the parachute housing.

The J-7E is the successor of the J-7 IIA/F-7M/F-7P line and is the first to use the new double delta wing. Only one cannon (starboard side). The J-7EB is the unarmed version for the PLAAF display team.

The F-7MG was the export variant of the J-7E (= new wing). One of the prtotypes was fitted with a new one-piece windshield which became standard.

The F-7PG is an F-7MG tailored for Pakistan (italian radar instead of the british one + reinstatement of the 2nd cannon). New wing + new windshied + 2 cannons.

The J-7G is a modernized version of the J-7E for the PLAAF (new wing + new windshield but still only one cannon). Display team version = J-7GB. Export versions = F-7BG (Bangladesh), F-7NI (Nigeria), F-7NM (Namibia).

The F-7N (Iran) and F-7 IIN (Zimbabwe) are simplified variants of the old F-7M with chinese electronics instead of the western ones.

Last edited by cafe; 05-31-2014 at 04:12 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-31-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
On the J-7/F-7, it depends, even on pakistani aircraft. Only the last versions, starting with the J-7E (china)/F-7MG (export), have the double delta wing.

For Pakistan, it means the F-7P and MP have the old wing while the F-7PG has the new one. For Bangladesh the F-7MB (painted in grey) have the old wing while the F-7BG (painted in blue) have the new one. All FT-7 have the old wing, including the FT-7P & FT-7PG with its longer fuselage and built-in cannon.

I'll have to check if I haven't already done the double delta wing.

Here is a rundown of the main versions of the J-7/F-7:

The original J-7 (exported to Albania as F-7A) is a licence-produced MiG-21F-13.

The J-7 I reintroduces the 2nd cannon (port side) that existed on the MiG-21F and was deleted on the MiG-21F-13. It also moves the parachute housing to the base of the fin.

The J-7 II (exported as F-7B to Iraq & Egypt IIRC) changes the canopy/windshield. Bye bye the front opening canopy of the MiG-21F/F-13! (The US used some of those in addition to the MiG-21F-13 obtained from Indonesia)

The J-7 IIA (F-7 IIA) is a modernized version (british radar) of the J-7 II.

The F-7M Airguard sold to Bangladesh (F-7MB) and Myanmar was a modernized J-7 IIA with more westernized electronics and 2 additional (wet) pylons. Apparently the Myanmar examples were later modernized with israeli electronics. The J-7 IIM is the PLAAF version.

The J-7 IIH is a derivative of the J-7 IIA with improved ground attack capabilities. 4 underwing pylons.

The F-7P is an F-7M tailored for Pakistan.

The F-7MP (Pakistan) changes the british radar for an italian one. Some changes in electronics too.

The J-7 III and IV (F-7C & D but they weren't exported) are reverse-engineered versions of the MiG-21MF. One of the visible difference with the MiG-21MF is the shape of the end cone of the parachute housing.

The J-7E is the successor of the J-7 IIA/F-7M/F-7P line and is the first to use the new double delta wing. Only one cannon (starboard side). The J-7EB is the unarmed version for the PLAAF display team.

The F-7MG was the export variant of the J-7E (= new wing). One of the prtotypes was fitted with a new one-piece windshield which became standard.

The F-7PG is an F-7MG tailored for Pakistan (italian radar instead of the british one + reinstatement of the 2nd cannon). New wing + new windshied + 2 cannons.

The J-7G is a modernized version of the J-7E for the PLAAF (new wing + new windshield but still only one cannon). Display team version = J-7GB. Export versions = F-7BG (Bangladesh), F-7NI (Nigeria), F-7NM (Namibia).

The F-7N (Iran) and F-7 IIN (Zimbabwe) are simplified variants of the old F-7M with chinese electronics instead of the western ones.
Thank you carlos for clearing the confusion. You have keen interest in aviation and aviation history. WOW!!! Ok... In anyway, I'll try to contribute as well supporting your work too.
Google Adsense