PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Best way to convert PDO to PDF ?

When I try and export a PDO file to bmp to put it on a pdf file, the end product is very poor in quality! What is the best way to get this doen?

I don't want the finished products in PDo format...PDF seems a lot better for distribution and sale.
Google Adsense
Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Re: Best way to convert PDO to PDF ?

Print the PDO to a PDF file. Adobe Acrobat is the best for that, but its expensive, and there are free alternatives. I use PrimoPDF, which you can download from their website, at http://www.primopdf.com/

The major limitation I've found is only being able to make two-page long PDFs from seperate files. I haven't tried printing from PDOs though, it might allow more pages.

Edit: just ran a test, printing a PDO to a PDF using Primo, and it CAN handle at least four pages.

Second Edit: Just ran another, I printed a 41-page Star Destroyer PDO to PDF using Primo, worked great. So yes, I suggest installing Primo. When you print the PDO, just select PrimoPDF as the printer. It'll print, and then a minute or two later, Primo will open a menu where you can specify where to save the file, and some other settings. Then it opens the file. You can also append new pages to the same file.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 AM

I have access to Acrobat... but I am not good at using it.

The problem is simple:

When I import a picture, it is too big to fit on a page at default size. I do not know how to make the page big enough to fit the picture. Making the picture small enough to fit hte default page ruins the quality of hte image.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:28 AM

OK...made some progress with PrimoPDF. I have found out what I was doing wrong, and got some fairly good results...though I have not hit the sweet spot between file size and quality yet. (mb to a page is probably a bit much for a download! We would spend more on band-width than the thing would raise in revenue!!!

At least I know how to get the results I need.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM

I would be happy to transfer any pdo file to pdf for any of the folks in here and send it back to them or get it to chris to put up. let me know i have adobe illustrator 10 and reg. adobe, I will help any of you guys to get files were you need them...

george
Google Adsense
Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the offer George. It's good to have a plan B!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB

I use PDF995, and have had no problems. It's free, but it does bring up a sponsor page each time, unless you want to spend 10.00 for a registration key.

I simply choose the PDF printer as my printer, and tell it to print. I get great PDFs with no hassle. In fact, I have several 'mechs, Flarbaffled's Baneblade, and a few others already done.

When I need to copy parts into Illustrator I print them to a PDF, then open the PDF in Illustrator or Photoshop and do whatever I need. It's a slick way to kitbash. (Legs of Battlepod, Torso of Master Chief, Guns of . . . Navaronne . . . CPU Boil and Graphics Card Bubble. . . POOF! Instant Kitbash. Can you tell it's late and I'm tired?)

I'd be happy to print whatever for someone if you want to e-mail me the PDO file. PM me for my e-mail address.

K'Jev
8)

"Truth simply is. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant."
Old 09-16-2008, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB

i also have been using pdf 995 and think its great. if you are using pep 3, cute pdf will not work!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:27 PM

Wow, I can already post a suggestion... ;D

I'm using Leadtools ePrint. I also have an older Acrobat version but in my opinion ePrint is far better for conversion.

It's a driver software that emulates your standard printer (or any printer if you there is more than one) but "prints" the document as about 160 file formats like pdf, jpg as well as differrent vector and document formats. So you are not just able to convert into pdf but also easily convert pdf's or Office documents to graphics in a very high quality.

Everything that can be printed can be converted as well. My version is IV, the actual one is V. It's not for free but in my opinion it's worth every Cent of the 49$.

After installing, it will appear in the print context menu. Standard resolutions are 150, 300, 600 and 1200 dpi but you can choose a custom resolution as well.

More information and a free trial for download can be found here:
http://www.eprintdriver.com/default.html
Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 267.07 MB
Dear Modelers,

First of all, please, sory my poor english (I'm not american). I'm a initial papermodeler, and had some problems with PDO files because I haven't printer machine in my house, so I use the printer machine in my job. I instaled the PrimoPDF program and its works very well. But I had another idea: I instaled the PepakuraViwer program in my pendrive as well some PDO files (they uses a small space in my 4GB pendrive). With the pendrive in may job's computer, a color printer give me a perfect result printing the PDO files directely, without any convertion to PDF files. Is it possible to you too?

Thanks for you attention,

Enterpriser10.
Google Adsense