PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 02-27-2011, 02:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.77 MB
Help with drawing 3D Figures?

Hi all!

I'm making a series of 3d guns, gas masks and other equipment. Don't know what scale the work so far is in, but they are in relatively correct proportion to eachother, and I believe they are around 1/22. I'll post a few of them later so you guys can help me.

Anyway, I was thinking of making some 3d paper figures in around 1/22 scale to display with the equipment, but don't know how to. If anyone can help me with drawing the 1/22 figures, or have some I can edit and post with credit to the original designer, it would be a great help.
The models and all accessories will be posted here for everyone to build, with new equipment and uniforms being posted here constantly. Could I also have help with working out what scale my stuff is in?

I'm in Year 11 now, so have little time to work on projects and MS Paint and Photoshop as my only drawing tools (but they still produce some good work).

Many Thanks, Capitaine Kepi
Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ok for a 6 foot tall figure at 1/22 it would come out at 8.3 cm (3.25") tall.
Figures at that scale are either very simplistic or very difficult to build.
The only model i've built at that scale is squirtle the turtle and my eyes still haven't returned to normal.
Might be better to choose what height to build your figure and scale everything to that, really depends on how much detail you want in the figure.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.77 MB
Thanks! The model won't be too difficult, but there will be small details. Hands will be flat so that they can be adjusted to hold the chosen equipment.
A bit busy with school right now so it might be while before i post a progress topic