PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Paper model design book

Would someone be interested in purchasing a book that described the creation of a paper model. That looked more like comics. Photos of the construction of the model step by step with the signatures of what is happening. They will describe how to build a simple model as such as Mig15. I wonder if the book had to take. Or if someone was willing to participate in e-learning course of creating the model. Let's say 20 hours of the course in which a group of five live builds a model with webcams and voice communications.
Google Adsense
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
What software do you use / would you demonstrate? There are a couple tutorial books out there already - one by Roman Vasyliev (der Kampfflieger) on designing WWI planes with Rhino, and another by Angel David Guzman (PixelOz) designing with Blender 3D. A tutorial using the freely-available programs (Google Sketchup, GIMP, Inkscape, etc.) would be quite valuable to those of us who can't afford to buy the professional software just to dabble, but another designer's technique using professional software is always valuable as well.

Edit: I forgot that Blender is also a free software, so PixelOz's book is one that outlines using free software, but either way, I haven't seen a full tutorial/book using Sketchup which seems easier to use than Blender (though maybe not as powerful?)
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds

Last edited by cMags; 01-18-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I can show how to design model with 30 test saves in rhino. Almost everyone can afford to education version of licence.