PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 07-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
i had my website up since 2006 and i never got my models stolen yet? why is that you asked?? because i don't put tabs on them with no objection to spare! that's why no one is building my models today because of tabsium! the problem no one will buy free models with out tabs on them! because my site is completely dead? i have'nt made new models in mounts now!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
maybe if you listed your web address for your models in the tags or quote part in your reply box here?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
This "Alice" store is part of the Aliexpress network of stores, it's like a chinese ebay. Alice her/himself does not control Aliexpress. Aliexpress is populated by hundreds, maybe thousands of stores, most of which sell pirated material, wether it be papermodels, toys, jewelery, handbags etc, you name it, it's there.

There is a feedback system similar to ebay where you can comment on your purchases and as far as I can tell, the store owner can not remove these messages. My partner has quite often purchased "pirated" handbags and jewelery from Aliexpress stores, they have also quite often been shut down by lawyers for the copyright holders but as soon as one gets shut down about 5 more new ones appear.

Unfortunately the only way to leave feedback seems to be after making a purchase, otherwise we could all just leave some feedback letting prospective buyers know the models they are about to purchase are mostly available as free downloads elsewhere.

Edit: I found this amusing when browsing the Alice models... this is Claudio Dias' Mad Max Interceptor, but the picture shown is of my build which has a heap of custom addons and parts I scratchbuilt myself so whoever buys this kit is going to be a little dissapointed when it doesn't turn out looking like this...

How to shut down piracy web site-alice-papermodel-long-23cm-mad-max-interceptor-racer-racing-f1-car-sedan-truck-models.jpg

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000

Last edited by jaffro; 07-05-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM

Question is there a real reson for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
maybe if you listed your web address for your models in the tags or quote part in your reply box here?

papermodelmatersexclusive's

here's my only website i have!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Issues with piracy is why I will only visit our download site, links listed here, Paper-Replika, and Papermau. It would be nice if there were a way to fry pirate servers into uselessness. Chinese pirates will steal anything that is'nt nailed down and even then they try to steal the nails.
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
mock those who buy from the pirates and congratulate each other for being free traders. the humiliation might make honoring the original authors more popular and reduce the pirate's cliental?
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
We could start a competition. Let's take a look at all the stolen models, sort them by author and sum up the prices. The author with the highest $-count wins the titel of "Alice contributor of the year". ;-)
Old 07-06-2013, 08:30 AM

i know what we can do get even! how?? you asked be stealing back from them! and show what we paper models what we made of!!

in the time you have take back what belongs to you!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
well since this turned into a joint chiefs of staff meeting allow me to put things in perspective

objective: we need to take down that piracy site as it sells free models and the problem is that many buy from them

obstacles: let's just face it they are huge they don't only sell paper models they sell everything they can sell but the main is that this particular site has ignored all of our messages (including me) we'll need an EMP pulse to shut them down

means of surpassing them: i have no idea many of the ideas here are great but the problem is their either too risky (like losing your Ebay account) ,too costy (buying their models and trying to figuer out a way to make them FUBARs) or needs too many people (spamming them) that's only my opinion though

if i missed something please do tell
for the love of god over 30000 persons cannot shut down a site heck if a couple of hundreds initiated a ddos attack on that site it would be down (sorry if i'm too serious)

well bottom line is we need to act offensively and the sooner the better (i'm not kidding btw)

ultra stone
Old 07-06-2013, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
one good site hacker? anybody? anybody? bueller?
Google Adsense