ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Just in case anyone forgot, hacking and ddos attacks are illegal, no matter the
reason its done.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
Tex is correct... two wrongs do not make anything right. If you are a respectful consumer of paper models, I can't appreciate you enough. If you are outraged by some of the piracy, take a step back and join with those who have been "ripped off". Some cultures do not realize that their "illegal" efforts may actually enhance legitimate markets (because their "free market society" may be centuries behind the "curve"). That is a lesson I learned from Chip. As an honest person, one has to pick their battles, and work within the "system".

Last edited by nebeltex; 07-06-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Lets find a way to get the PRESS in on this, make it public...never know might help........Rich
Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeltex View Post
Tex is correct... two wrongs do not make anything right. If you are a respectful consumer of paper models, I can't appreciate you enough. If you are outraged by some of the piracy, take a step back with those who have been "ripped off". Some cultures do not rea that their efforts may actually enhance legitimate markets. That is a lesson I learned from Chip. As an honest person, one has to pick their battles, and work within the "system".
hmm i didn't mean to (go dirty) but was given as an example of (dirty war) in case we want to go there and did not mean to be illegal or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
Lets find a way to get the PRESS in on this, make it public...never know might help........Rich
you know what that might actually be a good idea after all this is intellectual property of the original owner but the problem is how as press doesn't give much to these kinds of cases (here at least)

ultra stone
Old 07-06-2013, 03:59 PM

ABC news has been on a "made in America" kick of late.......hhhmmmm........Rich
Old 07-06-2013, 04:09 PM

Press (bad for them) is a valid option. China is big.... they have embassies and consulates all over the place. "Alice" is just one vendor for a conglomerate site. The "parent" site has an ethics reporting system. A designer or cheated consumer can complain to them.... and/or the Chinese government in an official capacity. Press conferences can be called and coordinated. The thing is, all I had to do was request to "Alice" that she remove my models (at that time), and she/they complied.

An alternative solution would be to "echo" that site with an "Alibebe, Alice xhou paper models" page. A place where people could acquire the free models for free and realize the crime of the "Alice vendor".
Old 07-06-2013, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeltex View Post
Press (bad for them) is a valid option. China is big.... they have embassies and consulates all over the place. "Alice" is just one vendor for a conglomerate site. The "parent" site has an ethics reporting system. A designer or cheated consumer can complain to them.... and/or the Chinese government in an official capacity. Press conferences can be called and coordinated. The thing is, all I had to do was request to "Alice" that she remove my models (at that time), and she/they complied.

An alternative solution would be to "echo" that site with an "Alibebe, Alice xhou paper models" page. A place where people could acquire the free models for free and realize the crime of the "Alice vendor".
hmm but isn't that some sort of phishing or well honey-poting (using the same method but the opposite way) nevertheless it is a very good way but requires some $$$ (new domain and such) and a lot of publicity but still a very good idea

(i swear that's my last comment in here i talked too much didn't i)

ultra stone
Old 07-06-2013, 04:20 PM

You haven't talk too much, any ideas are welcome......Rich
Old 07-06-2013, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
just to chuck in my five cents worth here,while alice is the worse case as they actually sell pirated models i have spotted that 5 of the biggest culprits for giving them away are russian or brazilian,wont mention them by name on here but they have been around for years.i suppose in their favour at least they arnt selling them
Old 07-06-2013, 04:39 PM

Rich is right.... we are "brainstorming" here at this point so maybe not all options are viable, but a "finesse" of ideas can be combined into a solution for "the long run".

I live in a city that has a chinese consulate. I can complain directly to them if my complaints are not addressed by the vendor or site supplier. I can also call a press conference in front of the consulate. I would be just one voice in one city (the sound of one hand clapping). If several designers and consumers coordinated an effort within a single day, around the world and in front of other chinese "stations", that WOULD make "the news", and China would lose "face". Asians do not like to be embarrassed. No more than honest people care to be stolen from. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. "Long March" chinese understand that....