PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 02-02-2014, 11:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Question, Inside or Outside first?

Been playing around with an aircraft design, more as a learning experience right now. The question is, is it better to start from the inside framing or the skin. A/C in question is a Handley Page Victor MK1. I was thinking in the prototype color sceme.
Handley Page Victor II | Weapons and Warfare Of course I need to see if I can do this. I see it as a way to get a handle on Blender. Rhino would be a lot easier but I have a hard time justifying the cost
Google Adsense
Old 02-02-2014, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Since using 2D for the designing, always create the outside first then add the internal structures needed.

Mike
Old 02-02-2014, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Mark

Would hate to see you put off from learning Blender by the choice of an overly complex subject such as the Victor first up. Whatever subject, I suggest 3D modelling the shape of the paper model rather than the full curvy shape of the original. Be aware of where you want internal structure but only make allowance for skin thickness and intersections etc. as a later step
If you don't already have his tutorials on working with blender, perhaps a PM to Woody to see if they are still available somewhere, the links on his site Welcome don't all still work. (He still visits us but doesn't post very often. )

Cheers
M