PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 03-02-2014, 01:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Exclamation pepakura color/texture problem

hello ! I am making a solar car paper model. The 3D software I use is solidworks. When I open the solidworks file by pepakura, the car is no color. And there is no material data when I click the texture setting. I would like to ask how to color the car? Should I export to BMP and then add color by photoshop, or just add color by pepakura ? I added a logo to the car, but I can't rotate it when I click the rotate button, how can I do that? Please help me, thanks.( It's quite urgent)
Google Adsense
Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 AM

Pepakura doesn't fully support some file formats.
Try export to .obj or .3ds

Your logo is added using 'add image'? you can't rotate these, rotate the image in software, if possible.

A lot of people think pepakura is the final output, it doesn't have to be, photoshop is there for adding detail before or after unfolding, pepakura is an unfolding tool.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.04 MB
pepakura color/texture problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermoon View Post
hello ! I am making a solar car paper model. The 3D software I use is solidworks. When I open the solidworks file by pepakura, the car is no color. And there is no material data when I click the texture setting. I would like to ask how to color the car? Should I export to BMP and then add color by photoshop, or just add color by pepakura ? I added a logo to the car, but I can't rotate it when I click the rotate button, how can I do that? Please help me, thanks.( It's quite urgent)
Hi There,

I have used Pepa for many years now and, here is what i have found regarding textures, keep to either jpeg or bmp format, as codex34 said,pepa is rather finicky as to what it will allow as textures, but, keep it to the main basic types, and, i can assure you that you WILL get it to work; do all your texture work in your given 3D software, ( i use 3Dmax 2010), and save to the folder your model is in, then, when opening up in pepa, go to texture and select which texture goes where and continue till all parts are textured, go on from their!>>>>>>>>>.............

My very best regards to you,

Tom...

PS..... If you get any more problems in pepa, give me a mail direct and i will try to help as much as may be able to do so.....................
Old 03-04-2014, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex34 View Post

Your logo is added using 'add image'? you can't rotate these, rotate the image in software, if possible.

A lot of people think pepakura is the final output, it doesn't have to be, photoshop is there for adding detail before or after unfolding, pepakura is an unfolding tool.
OH I see, thank you~
Old 03-04-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex34 View Post

oh I see, thanks a lot
Google Adsense
Old 03-04-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinnell View Post
Hi There,

I have used Pepa for many years now and, here is what i have found regarding textures, keep to either jpeg or bmp format, as codex34 said,pepa is rather finicky as to what it will allow as textures, but, keep it to the main basic types, and, i can assure you that you WILL get it to work; do all your texture work in your given 3D software, ( i use 3Dmax 2010), and save to the folder your model is in, then, when opening up in pepa, go to texture and select which texture goes where and continue till all parts are textured, go on from their!>>>>>>>>>.............

My very best regards to you,

Tom...

PS..... If you get any more problems in pepa, give me a mail direct and i will try to help as much as may be able to do so.....................
thanks a lot~
Old 03-04-2014, 08:41 AM

mckinnell, I would like to ask if I add a picture on the model component in pepa, how can I fix it on the component in 2D mode?

(PS: Can u give me your email so that you may easy to know what happen)