PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 05-14-2014, 08:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
printing problem

What a great site! Been reading quite a bit and learned a lot while making several models. I decided to try my hand at making my own and things went great. My second one ran into a issue when went to print it. The platform I need is 8inched by 4inchs. I made sure printed to Cute printer a pdf in letter size. Had letter size selected in Pepakura. Had printer set to letter size. Thought everything should go fine yet when I printed the model the base came out slightly small.

Went to print again and paid more attention and notice the print setting said at 97% (which does match the scale difference Im getting.) It will not allow me to change this. Id think on a 11inch page you could print 8inch image. Is there something Im missing?
Google Adsense
Old 05-14-2014, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not good at Pepakura, but I would imagine that margins are coming into play
Old 05-14-2014, 10:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Make sure Fit to page is not selected. Sometimes that setting slips in on its own.

I have noticed sometimes that if you make a graphic on USLtr size paper some programs treat the entire 8.5 x 11 dimension as one graphic image instead of just the actual graphics on the page. When you then go to print and do not have Actual size selected in the print dialogue the program will shrink the page to fit in the maximum allowable margins for your printer.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not good at Pepakura, but I would imagine that margins are coming into play
I selected 10mm border in pepakura. Plus when I open the pdf on my computer scale the size so its equal to RL then measure it; it is correct size.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Make sure Fit to page is not selected. Sometimes that setting slips in on its own.

I have noticed sometimes that if you make a graphic on USLtr size paper some programs treat the entire 8.5 x 11 dimension as one graphic image instead of just the actual graphics on the page. When you then go to print and do not have Actual size selected in the print dialogue the program will shrink the page to fit in the maximum allowable margins for your printer.
Ill take a look at that. Thanks I really don't want to have to make 2 separate pieces.
Google Adsense