PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Grasshopper extension for Rhino

Curious if any of the designers here have used or actively use Grasshopper to aid them in model creation in Rhino? The only consistent use I've garnered from it is for repetitive tab creation. Was also working on the creation of single curved surfaces from double curved ones, but that didn't really evolve into too much.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well not to revive what appears to be an either dead or useless thread, but I figured I would share in the hopes that others might. Grasshopper is an extension that lets you perform certain computations you wouldn't otherwise easily perform with Rhino save for using its Rhinoscript feature. Grasshopper is essentially a more user friendly version of it.

I'm attaching a simple grasshopper script I created to generate tabs along a curve. It isn't perfect because it doesn't take into account large degrees of curvature, so you would have to chop up the curve in order to compensate for this and adjust your tab's size to compensate. The pictures are self-explanatory but if anyone has questions please feel free.
Attached Thumbnails
Grasshopper extension for Rhino-preview_01.jpg   Grasshopper extension for Rhino-preview_02.jpg   Grasshopper extension for Rhino-preview_03.jpg   Grasshopper extension for Rhino-preview_04.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip tab_creator.zip (14.4 KB, 4 views)