PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 08-28-2014, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
Excellent examples. I feel that the round plastic straw within a slightly larger plastic straw method (as clif52 mentioned) would probably provide less friction, and possibly even better "performance". On a different note, it is also possible to adapt models to inexpensive "wind-up" power sources. If you have a cat (or cats), build them tough, because they go nuts over them.

Last edited by nebeltex; 08-28-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Clarification...
Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
I've enlarged several models to 6 inch action figure scale and the plastic straw within a straw works well. It also keeps the weight very light and I can have action figures lifting cars easily. I'm working on a 4 door 1930s era car for my 1938 Superman to lift and a pickup truck for Pa Kent and Clark to use. I like Papercruise's idea with the wood too.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
How to make wheels turn

I used another method - just as easy - After all the parts of the wheel is cut - before assembling the wheels - you can add a inner tube and a stopper
on the rear side of the wheel rim. A tube is make where the axle can go thru
The photo's will give you a better understanding. A stopper is placed so the axle can't get out - The wheel turn freely and not the axle - the axle are glued fixed to the car. here are some Photo's.
For more info just email me at [email protected] or [email protected].

This is parts of a Suzuki SJ 410 4x4 model
The stopper is a ordinary pen inner tube - Press the tube in till tight and cut off - the wheel can now be assembled.
Attached Thumbnails
how to make your cars wheels move freely!-wheel-idea.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-inner.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-outer.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-stopper.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-im000001.jpg  

how to make your cars wheels move freely!-im000004.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-diff-prop-exh.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-front-diff.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-rear-diff.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-lh-mirror.jpg  

Old 12-11-2014, 12:08 AM

More images for free rotating wheels - Better quality photo's
Attached Thumbnails
how to make your cars wheels move freely!-step-1.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-step-2.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-step-3.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-top-view-axle.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-rim-forming.jpg  

Old 12-11-2014, 12:39 AM

Free wheels rotating

Last images of model Suzuki Sj 410 4x4
Model build still in progress
Attached Thumbnails
how to make your cars wheels move freely!-rim-view.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-diff-fitment.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-rear-diff.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-wheel-view-car.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-side-view-car.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-11-2014, 03:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Wheels and axles of a hand cart / Bollerwagen

Hi guys! This is a great thread, very informative.

Recently I made a hand cart for a colleague of mine. I wanted it to be fully movable and did this to make the wheels and axles.

First I made an ordinary wheel template. I cut a hole into the middle of one side of the wheel and attached a tube around it at the back side. The axle is pushed into that tube later; the tube stabilizes the wheel and prevents it from sagging. Then the wheel was closed.
Attached Thumbnails
how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8363.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8364.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8367.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8371.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8372.jpg  

Last edited by Revell-Fan; 12-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
The axles are wooden rods pushed through two holes cut into simple boxes of cardboard. The front axle is movable, too, BTW. Then I attached a piece of paper around the loose ends of the rods to prevent it from moving from one side to the other. The wheels are pushed over the rods and glued to them. The axles rotate freely and make it the fastest paper hand cart in the world!
Attached Thumbnails
how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8375.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8376.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8378.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8379.jpg   how to make your cars wheels move freely!-dscf8391.jpg  

Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Cute little (not) red wagon.