PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 11-06-2014, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Lbscr a1x 0-6-0t loco - drawings needed

Hello friends
For a possible near-future 0 Gauge model, I'm rather taken with this diminutive locomotive. Although I have some plans, they are inconsistent in outline and inaccurate overall, none give any dimensions, and all scale out different sizes when the wheels are made the same size!
What I am looking for, then, are a side & front view, which must have at least the salient full-scale dimensions (L,W,H, W/B) annotated thereon (and readable, preferably!) so I can accurately scale the model. Besides, it being such a tiny thing, I need to see if I can squeeze a clockwork motor into it....
Your help would be very much appreciated
Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
Lbscr a1x 0-6-0t loco - drawings needed-t6.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-07-2014, 02:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Well Bluebell have Stepney and reckon it's 26' 0 1/2" lengthwise, which agrees with the dimensions given at LB&SCR A1 class - Wiki, and Locodriver has what looks like an accurate technical drawing profile (with those unreadable dimensions) and claim a wheel diam of 4'

The profile was pasted into CAD and scaled to a length over the buffers of 26' 0 1/2". Assuming the 4' excludes the flanges the result appears below with an imposed 4' disc.

Meself would be happy to go with the 4' and 26' 0 1/2" and derive a front view from the profile and known width and height.
Attached Thumbnails
Lbscr a1x 0-6-0t loco - drawings needed-terrier-jpg.jpg  
Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 AM

Hello Maurice, and my thanks indeed for the drawing; it looking to be the 'proper' engineering drawing, and far and away the most detailed I've seen, it should be relatively straightforward to extrapolate the dimensions needed. Thank you! Fingers crossed the the motor fits....
Plumdragon
Old 11-10-2014, 02:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.66 MB
Quite a few of these preserved, partly because there was one at nearly every Butlin's at one time. I presume that they got a job lot of them when they were being withdrawn. So if you want to check out differences between individual locos there should be plenty to go on.
I always find the bufferbeams interesting, being extended above footplate level so that the buffers can be set at standard height.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:02 PM

For sure, Millmodels, they really are tiny locomotives! That's a very quirky feature, the way the buffers are mounted. I wonder if the plans got left out in the rain and shrank, and that was a fix needed to make things right....
If I go ahead with this model, it will probably be of a 'composite' type that will span all eras, but I really like the old LBSCR and that would be my first choice.
I model to 1/48 'coarse scale' so there are compromises to be made, naturally; my Finescale work being reserved for 2mm Scale :-)
Plumdragon
Google Adsense