PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 01-26-2016, 01:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 119.30 MB
Model of my house

Hi Just wondering.

Would it be possible to make a model of my house in any easy way, it should of course be as detailed as possible, but still simple to draw.

How to proceed. ( I have floor plans and schematics) also photos to use to get a life like rendering. ( I haven`t decided the scale yet, but not too big at least. if to be displayed.

I tried to build it in Google sketch up Pro, but I feel it was no success, since i am not a skilled 3d modeller on the PC. ( wanted to upload it to Google earth so it was on there before it was actually built last year.) However when discovering that my area was clouded and the forrest was still as a ariel pic i just closed the project.
Currently i am using Lego Designer studio to try to make a kit in lego version as well.. :-)
Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.
Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2016, 08:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheSeim View Post
Hi Just wondering.

How to proceed. ( I have floor plans and schematics) also photos to use to get a life like rendering.
Thanks.
Hi,
that's pretty enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheSeim View Post
Hi Just wondering.
...since i am not a skilled 3d modeller on the PC...
with all respect, that is basically the main disadvantage, as most of 3d software are just a tool. Google-skecth or even basic CAD 2D would be enough to create a model of a simple house.

Just stick on one or other software and try all your best to manage it
Old 01-26-2016, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
If it is too difficult for you to make a 3D model with SketchUp I suggest you draw a sketch of each side of your house on regular paper (front, sides, back view, roof, terrace etc.). Take the measurements from the floor plans or directly from the house. Then cut them out and tape the sides together. With that result make some refinements, such as adding window positions, adapting angles, add a preliminary texture, to make everything fit. Exchange the sides with new revised ones till you are happy with the result. Last, cut through the taping to get the single sides again. Scan them and trace the outlines with a graphic program (Gimp or InkScape). Paint / texture it in that program, add the glue tabs and export the result as *.pdf. Print and assemble - and enjoy. I hope this helps!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 119.30 MB
Thanks

Thanks for all good tip, I will try.. :-)
Old 01-27-2016, 12:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 419.23 MB
I've been doing a model of the house where I grew up - drawing it all in Adobe Illustrator. When I got to the kitchen window, with its blinds, I just drew it as I saw it, and later was shocked to see how realistic it turned out - looks like a photo. The attached garage is done, and the south side of the house. I even have downspouts for the gutters. Final build will likely be either in HO scale or N scale (for my RR layout).
Google Adsense
Old 01-27-2016, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Wouldn't it be interesting to start a 'My House' thread and see how many of us would do models of our homes
Old 01-27-2016, 10:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Wouldn't it be interesting to start a 'My House' thread and see how many of us would do models of our homes
Thats weird...its exactly the same thought I had!

Now I wish I lived in a better looking house.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Of the four places I've lived, I've built two, and have a rough layout started of a third. Anyone else?

Scott K.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.40 MB
There is an easy way to approach it. You can start with a 2D cad drafting program and build each side of the structure as a line drawing. Then export that into a graphic program such as photoshop that will let you set up layers. The line drawing is the base layer. Then bring in the photograph for that side of the building that you have already taken through photoshop for any trimming and color correction. You can then skew the photograph image essentially pushing and pulling with control handles until it matches the base layer outline. Then you can print out all the sides and trim them into a card model as a prototype. If it works go back into the graphics program and add whatever tabs might be needed. You can even put in another layer and artistically repaint the details instead of just using the original photo images. Layers can be turned off and on to hide them or they can be merged together. Just go to youtube for basic lessons on using your choice of graphics program and the same goes for learning CAD programs.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I live in an apartment complex...
Google Adsense

Tags
lego, model, google, house, make, built, year, skilled, wanted, modeller, upload, earth, project, version, kit, studio, great, feedback, designer, clouded, area, discovering, forrest, ariel, closed