PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 07-04-2018, 05:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
CutePDF Writer is just one of many virtual pdf printers. Foxit Reader also has a PDF Printer. CutePDF Writer is the one I latched onto many many years ago and have found it to be adequate.

Do a search for virtual pdf printer using your preferred search method and some more will be revealed.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashevilleangler View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the recolor that you have done?

Curt
The recolours are Gunships(AC-47Spooky, AC-119 Stinger, and AC-130 Spectre)in SEA scheme.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
CutePDF Writer is just one of many virtual pdf printers. Foxit Reader also has a PDF Printer. CutePDF Writer is the one I latched onto many many years ago and have found it to be adequate.

Do a search for virtual pdf printer using your preferred search method and some more will be revealed.
Well, my computer has a flaw at the year beggin(January) and I haved FoxitReader, but now I must install it again. That´s why i write STUDY, because I don't know all the possibilities and wide range of the programs involved. As a fact, I have only 3 months working with Inkscape. Thank you so much. This is why our hobby is very exciting and interesting, there is always one gentle person in the community to extend his hand to give help. Regards.Tony
Old 07-05-2018, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I think Foxit has a Foxit Reader PDF Printer virtual printer that might come in the package when installing Foxit Reader.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:53 AM

OK, I found the solution inside Bruno´s Thread. Page 584 shows how to rescale in Inkscape and in page 585 is a tutorial by RunwayOneSixRight explained by Cafe. The tutorial is in the Tips and Tricks section of the Forum. I made a test and works perfectly. Only take in cosideration that there must be room for the amplification in the new PDF. Thanks to everybody!!!Regards.Tony
Google Adsense
Old 07-07-2018, 01:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
I make all S&P recolors with Inkscape in Bruno's original 1:300. When it's done, I group everything together, select the group and just use Inkscape's resize feature.

See screencap below. Notice the yellow highlighted icons above the drawing area?

1) lock the padlock so that resizing applies identically to length & height
2) select % as a unit
3) select the group of objects you want to resize
4) type 150 in either the length or height box and press "enter"

To go from 1:300 to 1:200, the scaling factor is 150%. To go in the other direction, it's 66.6666%.

Sometimes I use different percentages because I feel the model is lightly overscale (145% for the Mirage 2000 and F-5A, 135% IIRC for the Jaguar).

If the resized model exceeds the width of the page, I flip it by 90° (the icons for that are on the same toolbar) and then center it vertically and horizontally on the page. If it still exceeds the page limit, it's time to ungroup and rearrange the parts, maybe use a second page. Once it's done, save as svg, then as pdf.

If you're using a different vector program, it probbly has the same feature (and probably allows for multiple pages unlike inkscape even if I put a lot of things outside the page frame while in designing mode).
Attached Thumbnails
How to re-scale from 1/300 to 1/200 and save it in PDF.-capture_inkscape.jpg  

Last edited by cafe; 07-07-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: did I really spend almost two hours typing/screencapping this?
Old 07-29-2018, 09:03 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 61.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
Hello, I got a problem here: I just can´t find the way on how to save a recolour I done. We take for example one of Bruno´s planes, it´s an Argentinian Canberra, in 1/300 and in 1/200. How I can do that? I´m using Inkscape and don´t know if Ican do these directly with Inkscape. Any help will be appreciated.Regards.Tony.
Hi Toni,

If I have understood you correctly than I hope the following can be of help.
My models are all printed to PDF-format giving a perfect flexibility.
To the scale too and reading your question I just gave it a try.

I opened the 1st page of my Schleicher glider (PDF) and chose 'print'.
Unfortunately my Reader is in Dutch but the indicated (red) positions 'print' and 'scale' are self explanatory.
To create a PDF (from others than my CAD-drawings) I always use the PDF995 printer driver.
The new PDF was 1:100, half the original scale (50%), so it worked out fine !

Regards,
Gerard
Attached Thumbnails
How to re-scale from 1/300 to 1/200 and save it in PDF.-scaling-pdf.jpg  
Old 08-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Thanks, the explanation of Cafe is quiet clear. Besides is in Inkscape. Thanks!