PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 08-15-2018, 03:21 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
How to make Panel Lines

How can I make Panel Lines of an aircraft in INKSCAPE? I do a recolour but the result piece is lacking his panel lines. Or more specific question, How can I do straight lines with colours in INKSCAPE? Any help will be appreciated.
Google Adsense
Old 08-15-2018, 04:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Press shift, + line tool. Will give lines of vertigal, horizontal and 45 degrees. Zoom in and use line tool in small increments to form curves. The white arrow will convert lines to curves and gyou can manipulate these to your heart's content. Select line colour from the swatch samples.
Hope this helps.
B
Old 08-15-2018, 07:08 PM

Thanks cardist, the line tool you are referring to is the pen for generate straight lines as well as bezier curves? If it is don´t seem to work with me. Thanks. Tony.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
They're the ones (pencil for straight lines from a to b, pen for multi-segment lines, shapes and bezier curves)

- make sure the layer you're trying to draw in isn't locked (they shouldn't be if you don't know what they are, plus if you're starting from Bruno's pdf, there's only one layer)
- make sure you have a line width and a line color set.
- make sure you're drawing above the existing parts and not under them

For the pencil tool, if you want a straight line, first click where it should start, release the mouse button, then click again where it should stop. Same with the pen tool, except if your 3rd click is at the first point, it will close the shape there. If you want an open shape (a multi-segment line), double click at the last point.

If you've been drawing shapes with color fillings but no outline and now want to draw a shape/line with an outline, well, Inkscape will draw an invisible line. Just draw a new color-filled shape, select it and look at the color palette at the bottom of the screen. The first box has a red cross. Click on it, and it will remove the filling, shift-click on any of the color boxes on that line and your no-outline shape will now have one of that color. Of course, shif-clicking on the red cross means removing the outline of the selected shape.

Use the fill and stroke dialog to more finely select line width (0.088 mm or 0.176 mm usually for Bruno's models) or colors.

edit: click = filling, shift-click = outline also works with the pipette tool. You can use it to copy colors from other objects.
Attached Thumbnails
How to make Panel Lines-inkscape-fill_and_stroke.jpg  

Last edited by cafe; 08-16-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:08 PM

OK, Thank you very much. I´m working on it.
Google Adsense
Old 08-16-2018, 08:37 PM

I make several practices and now all works OK for me. Thanks Cardist and Cafe for your valious time.