PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 09-11-2019, 05:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Help needed with Metasequoia 2.4.10, joining faces

I'm trying to build a low-poly model from scratch, and it's been hard to get some panels to join in the same object. I created them all as part of the same object using the Create tool to lay down lines following a blueprint loaded as the background image, then put in triangles and faces to build the surfaces. I then would use the Move tool to ensure they were the correct height and so forth. The model in question is pretty asymmetrical, so primitives haven't been utilized much. Anyway, I'm discovering that many of the faces weren't joined up to each other despite selecting the points of the surrounding faces when creating them, and while I've been able to fix the problem on a lot of them by deleting the old ones and refilling their space with a new face, some just will not cooperate and continue to act as a separate object. I've been careful to ensure that I always had the appropriate object selected when I was building them in the first place, yet they still aren't connecting. Are there some techniques I could try to get the faces to become part of the object?

I'm using version 2.4.10, FWIW; I haven't really felt the need to upgrade as this version just does what I want.
Google Adsense
Old 09-26-2019, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 32.15 MB
If I understand well the problem: with metasequoia:
1- select the object in the object panel (on the right);
2- click the menu "object";
3- select the option "Join closed vertices" and the maximum vertices distance to be closed.
Done!