PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 11-13-2020, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Help: Need Photo of Boeing P26 Pilot Seat

Found lots of photos on-line of the Boeing P26 Peashooter cockpit. Can't find any with a photo of the pilot seat.

Working on a project and since it doesn't have a full canopy needing to find photos of the seat to make one.

Does anyone have a link or photos of the seat area?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 11-13-2020, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
There's a display at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center. I would recommend that you reach out to their research department and let them know what you're looking for. They have, in the past been accommodating to my research by providing copies or links to their archive of photos and documentation. You might get lucky and they have some cockpit photos done during the restoration for display process.

There's a plane at the AF museum in Dayton too. Maybe they have it where a docent or helpful assistant can get a snap shot for you.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 669.56 MB
Try this:
Early Years Gallery Cockpits
The whole site is lots of fun.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9B View Post
Try this:
Early Years Gallery Cockpits
The whole site is lots of fun.
Yes, total fun! Found what I needed with the 360deg virtual view. Looks like they used the butt style parachutes.

Thank you for the link.

Mike
Old 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 669.56 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Yes, total fun! Found what I needed with the 360deg virtual view. Looks like they used the butt style parachutes.

Thank you for the link.

Mike
Careful—That site is a huge time-sink.
Google Adsense
Old 08-19-2021, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I do not have an idea why you can’t find it, I just googled and found a bunch of Boeing p26 pilot seat photos.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseprobe View Post
I do not have an idea why you can’t find it, I just googled and found a bunch of Boeing p26 pilot seat photos.
I was able to find the seat photos needed, then changed my mind, did not add a cockpit but, did an enclosed fuselage instead.

Hope you like this site it is a great place to share and learn.

Mike
Old 08-20-2021, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I do not have an idea why you can’t find it, I just googled and found a bunch of Boeing p26 pilot seat photos. The only thing is that this photos are shot pretty bad so I would also recommend you to change the background of this shot. Thanks to modern advances in technology, editing photos has never been easier. So here is a guide how to do this 7 photo background apps for iOS to change the background of your shot. By the way, what project do you work on? Seems strange that you need exactly Boeing p26 pilot seat.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:19 PM

Hi Joseprobe,

I work on several different paper models. I am working on doing a Boeing P26 Peashooter as a rubber band powered flyer. At first I wanted to do the cockpit so that I could add the machine guns inside, on each side of the pilot seat.

I found plenty of photos of the instrument panel, but not of the seat. With help I was finally found what I needed.

Then as I'm getting ready to add the cockpit details, I found it wouldn't work, the rubber band would end up tearing everything up, it goes straight through the middle of the cockpit area.

I stopped working on the project last winter, and started planning my summer vacation flight from Alaska to Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.

Presently I'm working on a couple of other projects, but real soon will be back to work on the P26 Peashooter. Figured out a way to fix an issue with the graphics peeling off from the type of photo paper I'm using.

Will be using sewing thread to hold them in place where the fuselage curves and they want to peel off.

The Boeing P26 Peashooter is the latest model in my rubber band power thread: Rubber Band Power There are several other models that have flown in this thread.

My vacation was 9112 miles roundtrip by small airplane. I took photos of the whole trip and posted them here on papermodelers: Flying/Photography Hobbies There are lots of photos...

What kind of models do you work on?

Mike