PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
PAINTING THE CANVAS
The canvas from the designer was attractive, but looked a little too plain. So I decided to paint a little more elaborated background using pastel chalks, either directly or in powder form. Masked the forms that would remain black and went artistique.
The masks are made with self adhesive film and with liquid mask I applied with a brush.
Sealed the painting it was time to glue the rock to the canvas. I had to use Araldite.
The last photo was taken at 15th exhibition of AMA (Almada's Modelling Association) in my hometown, held last weekend May 12th to 15th
Attached Thumbnails
Crooked tower-ct-finalizing-01.jpg   Crooked tower-ct-finalizing-09.jpg   Crooked tower-ct-finished-04.jpg   Crooked tower-ct-finalizing-08.jpg   Crooked tower-ct-ama2011-01.jpg  

Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 325.07 MB
Carlos,

Trabalho fantástico! / Fantastic work!

G_Mendes
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Thank you Gonçalo
Rgds
Carlos
Old 05-18-2011, 10:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
I'm speechless. Very well done, I love it, I want it. Now you just need to do a dragon flying over it.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
A great work of art indeed! I really liked the way you turned it from the darker Gothic look to an open Fantasy appeal.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2011, 04:43 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
That is really well done Carlos. And just plain cool!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Very nicely done. The work on the rock is outstanding. The extra work on the tower has paid off well. BZ
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Thank you guys.
I'm so sorry the site is no longer online. I don't even know the designer's name. I think he's french.
It is the first time I saw a model with this vertical presentation, coming out form 2D into 3D.
I had the temptation of scratchbuilding a figurine covered in a cloack and hood, holding a lantern - another LED, the wires inside the clothes - but time was short and I feared to complicate the scene.
Even so, have you noticed the odd shape of the bigger rock on the edge? Doesn't it look like a fossil egg? Maybe dragons really existed...
Rgds
Carlos
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Very nice Indeed! What is a "throttle" as applied to electronics, it is a term I have not seen used in that context. I imagine the flickering LED must have a wonderful effect. It is ashamed that model is no longer available. I am tempted to make on just to spite the organization for going under. Very nice, what you added to the basic model would work and enhance any type of model structure!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:09 AM

Hi Zathros: throttle is an expression I learned with american model railroaders. It applies to the transformer (from 220V Ac to 12-16V DC) with the button changing the power fed to the rails. In this case I used the connection to power the turnouts, wich is AC, therefore flickers. But not that much. You hardly can see the flickering. According to Zé Reis, (a fellowmember in this forum and a professional in the electronic or electricals area) it might flicker for 1/2 second.
Now I really have to enter one of those places where they ask a lot of technical questions, to get a more portable transformer.
Rgds
Carlos
Google Adsense