PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 06-22-2014, 07:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Tappi? Are you doing all right? You have been a bit quiet lately. BTW, thanks for the Lincoln cabin.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Hi VK, no problems just some other activities stealing my time. Like 'midsummer party time' which is obligatory here in Nordic countries. And that a big spruce lost one of it's treetops ( it had two) and we had to cut it down. Didn't do it ourselves but hired a timber service. They did it with a very profound and professional way. The guys were mountain climbers and worked their way up to the three top dropping all the branches and then cut down the trunk in two meter sections. Took less than an hour, they took all the branches and other debris with them and left me the trunk cut in to a firewood size bits - so some chopping to do.

@ Whulsye - thanks for the kind comment and I made the Matador once agian. Pics to come soon, hope you like them.

@ sinxalot - Colin I'm glad that you joined the crowd. Andrew's model depict highland houses in my opinion perfectly (I visited Scotland only once) and if a true highlander finds inspiration on this Zippy's done a great job. I like the photo you've attached and would be glad if if you'd build one for your childhood memory.

I'm at the moment building Andrew's croft barn and will show some pictures when I'm finished wit those - two more buildings to come.

Best Regards to all,

Tappi
Old 06-22-2014, 11:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sorry Colin, I'm not offended at all, I'm delighted when anyone sees what we've done. Actually I've been so busy on another activity that I've neglected to answer Tappi's recent email. I will try to do so. And only ten minutes ago a hedgehog suddenly appeared in my garden, haven't seen one for thirty years, so it's distractions all round.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:47 PM

Old croft

I just finished this painting of an old Irish croft. It is 14"x10"
Attached Thumbnails
Highland croft-irish-cottage-finished_email.jpg  
Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew zippy View Post
Sorry Colin, I'm not offended at all, I'm delighted when anyone sees what we've done. Actually I've been so busy on another activity that I've neglected to answer Tappi's recent email. I will try to do so. And only ten minutes ago a hedgehog suddenly appeared in my garden, haven't seen one for thirty years, so it's distractions all round.
I want one of those for a pet. California won't let us have them. Hedgehogs are so cuddly.
Google Adsense
Old 12-14-2014, 10:42 AM

TAPCHO: You're doing great job on that diorama. I am happy you used my Matador for your conversion. Maybe you will build (and make conversion) to more of my models. Will be happy about that.

Dark Tower
Old 12-16-2014, 12:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Hi Dark Tower, good of you to drop in. I haven't publisher here the latest version of the Matador but will soon. Your models are very nice and I'd be glad to work on others too.

The problem is I lost my computer few weeks ago. And I lost with that incident all my software too. When (if) I get a new PC I won't have any software to work with for some time so all kitbashing and re-painting will have to wait.

I'm at he moment depending on our public library for my internet access and I'm not able to follow/comment discussions on a regular base. But I hope to sort things out soon. I'm itching to get back on the building track.

Thanks for all comments and wishes. Colin, glad you joined the thread. And now one for Andrew - that painting is so good!

Cheers,

Tappi
Old 12-19-2014, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.82 MB
It's so cute and fantasitic!!!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.82 MB
so cute~ ^^
Old 12-20-2014, 05:52 PM

Tappi, I'm tempted to say you should have had a backup drive. I'm lucky, I have not one but two backup drives...so why should I worry then, losing my computer plus two backups at once is as likely to happen as me losing a leg !
Google Adsense