PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 11-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
"Thunder Gate", another version

I hesitated on posting another "Thunder Gate" since it has been already so well presented here, but...
Basically I followed the same staging Tapcho created. The only difference lies on the way I treated the backstage. I laminated the printing on heavy black cardstock. It gives a neater look and it creates unexpected views.
Attached Thumbnails
"Thunder Gate", another version-overview-01-nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-front-01-nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-front-02-nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-close-up-01_nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-tg-dtl-01-nov201.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 PM

Although the tatebanko concept dictates it should only be screened form front, when I used black cardboard on the back of the printing I create silouettes. Some with interesting results, in my opinion. They look like Southeast Asia silouettes form puppet theaters or like fast frames on a comic book story. Sketchy distant notes.
Attached Thumbnails
"Thunder Gate", another version-tg-backstage-01_nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-tg-backstage-02_nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-tg-brawl-01_nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-tg-shadows-01_nov2010.jpg  
Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 PM

I don't use the traditional tabs to hold the figures on stage. Instead I glue a wire to the back of the figures. This allows me to reposition them whilst preparing the stage and helps to keep them straight, less likely to warp. The wire is covered by a strip of black cardboard, turning it completly conspicuous.
Attached Thumbnails
"Thunder Gate", another version-tg-pin-01_nov2010.jpg   "Thunder Gate", another version-tg-pin-02_nov2010.jpg  
Old 11-03-2010, 12:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Those silhouettes look so different when viewe from backside and in solid black. It seems as the chracters shift to another century - from ancient Japan to 20-century Paris or something. Very nice variation on a theme. Good to see this study too, I like it.

Tappi
Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 AM

Huomenta Tappi!
Thank you for your comment
Rgds
Carlos
Google Adsense