PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 07-28-2014, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Martinsville Speedway Diorama-looking for paper props

Hey Guys

This is a photo of a Martinsville Speedway Nascar 1/24-1/18th scale display that I made. I've got a little 6 year old friend at church that has had a lot of medical problems and I'm scaling this down to 1/64 scale for his Nascar HotWheels collection. I want to redesign it as a shelf to hang on the wall in his room. It will be wider and deeper than the original design. Maybe 30 inches wide by 12 inches deep. I'm looking for paper model props to use with it. Has anyone seen pit crew equipment or anything else in Nascar paper models. I can try and scale it down to 1/64th. I may make it deep enough to have a strip of track for the cars and maybe a parking area at the front for car storage, a pit line, or maybe a winner circle area. I'm open to suggestions. I want to get it designed and built for his 7th birthday the 10th of October. I've got a couple of contacts at the Martinsville Speedway that may be able to get some autographs on it for him.

Thanks
Clif
Attached Thumbnails
Martinsville Speedway Diorama-looking for paper props-martinsville-speedway.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2014, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Clif:
Very nice project, Would the F1 pit stuff work for Nascar? THe Epson Racing web page has a bunch of pit stuff (Red tool cart is a red tool cart) It also seems to me that a german site has paper stuff for 1/32 scale slot cars. If you need more info on the sites I can see if I can find them again.
Good luck on the project,
Miles
Old 07-28-2014, 05:57 PM

Thanks Miles

Both may work. I want to make something really special for him. I picked up a box of toys at a yard sale last month and found 4 HotWheels size NASCARs and a 6 inch driver figure with helmet. I put them in a gift bag and took them to him and he couldn't stop talking about them. I'm not much of a NASCAR or racing fan so I don't know much about what goes in the pits and what doesn't. I appreciate any help with this project.

Clif
Old 07-28-2014, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Yamaha's site has some tool boxes too that might be resized to work.......Rich
Old 07-29-2014, 09:06 PM

Thanks Guys

After rethinking this and looking at some speedway photos I think my design is backwards to the pit area. Since the original (see original post) is looking at the stands, If I extend the design you would be looking at the back of the pits. I'll add to the original backdrop photo to make it wider, make the MARTINSVILLE wall wider, and make the track asphalt deeper. Now I'm thinking four lanes of black top, a smaller wall, and two lanes of cement. Then Wyatt can park cars off the track in the cement area. I'm adding a 1/2 inch high edge at right, left, and front so his cars don't roll off the shelf. I'll keep the design flat so the cars don't roll.
Clif
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2014, 03:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.87 GB
These might be of some help. Many things, buildings, a complete raceway, many different props. Hope it helps.

http://pedemann.npage.de/papercraft-...-tribuene.html

Carrera4Fun.de - Die Webseite für den Carrera UNI 132 und Slotcar Fan