PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 02-15-2017, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
A French 1900s era home, the sea filled with exotic and ancient creatures, Greco-Roman ruins AND a Tucker! What more could a history freak ask for!
I love it, John. Enjoy reading about your build. George
Old 02-15-2017, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideride View Post
A French 1900s era home, the sea filled with exotic and ancient creatures, Greco-Roman ruins AND a Tucker! What more could a history freak ask for!
I love it, John. Enjoy reading about your build. George
At another forum, we had a theme in January of 'Out of Time', things that would turn up together if Time ran Amuck. This would definitely be the poster child of that theme.

You know, if you aren't careful, this could end up being like Becky's Disneyland, and keep growing and growing and growing
Old 02-15-2017, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
George and VK,
Thanks for the comments. And VK, you are right; if I don't stop adding things, my Granddaughter will have graduated college, become a CEO of a Fortune 500 company and have grand kids, before I get this finished.

This nice thing about building ruins is that they ARE ruins. You can't mess 'em up. I have made a few steps forward. The tiny item left of the base is the fountain for the pool/bath structure in the center.
Attached Thumbnails
SMALL PARIS CHATEAU (1900) and other projects-20170215_224826-1-.jpg  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:57 PM

Well, here we are with a few more details in place. I used a Taupe colored crayon pencil to darken the edges. I had to do most of the darkening after gluing, due to the size of a lot of the pieces.
Attached Thumbnails
SMALL PARIS CHATEAU (1900) and other projects-20170216_234050.jpg  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 128.43 MB
Nice work !
Another interesting topic, I'm look forward to the sequel.

Regards, Joe
Old 02-19-2017, 03:35 PM

Just a quick update. The last two days have been a total loss to the hobby. I have been playing catch-up with projects that I promised my wife I would accomplish as soon as we had some good weather. Unfortunately, this weekend we have had mild sunny days. Just a part of the effort one has to make to stay happily married.

I hope to be able to spend all day tomorrow on modeling. I want to finish the current ruins and start on the tomb. I brought it down to a size that seems to fit with everything else. This was not intended to be a project that had a perfect overall scale; this was an eyeball scale project. The pieces range from 1:87 to 1:100, but they work for my purposes (I have no idea what the scale is on the eyeball reductions).

Anyway, here is a purposely poor photo of the tomb kit, so you folks won't know what the scale is either.

Joe,

Thanks for staying with me.

John
Attached Thumbnails
SMALL PARIS CHATEAU (1900) and other projects-20170219_153527-1-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2017, 06:51 PM

John, I know about those lost modeling days, too. Been in the 60's most days here in the Ohio Valley the past 2 weeks; so you can guess where Momma has had me! We have fun, but I still miss my play time. Let me know when you get some of your modeling projects done, I have a few for you to build too! I might have to try those ruins myself; but at a might bit larger scale! George
Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 PM

Now your next to last sentence sounds really promising! I will put this thing on the fast burner (if my wife cooperates ) and make room promptly.
YAHOO! Sorry; didn't mean to celebrate so openly; freudian slip and all that.

John
Old 02-25-2017, 10:45 PM

Made a little progress after finishing some more real life projects. Added some more junk on the floor, including a half column that had cracked and fallen off after years of being under water. Ran into a couple of snags too. As you can see from one of the photos, the back of the piece has no coloring. That is because the larger scale model had a backdrop to cover that area. So I printed a second copy of the stonework that will cover the standing columns and cut a strip from that. I'll glue that on tonight and then trim it fit, if necessary. The other snag was the broken area of the fallen column. Folding all the creases on that tiny cap to make it look like broken stone and then gluing the edges to fit the cut of the column, earned me another trip to the bar. Now I have to do the same with the part of the column that will remain standing.

I have also made some progress in cutting and fitting parts for the tomb, but I am not far enough along for photos.

For now, all's quiet on the eastern front.

John
Attached Thumbnails
SMALL PARIS CHATEAU (1900) and other projects-20170225_225816.jpg   SMALL PARIS CHATEAU (1900) and other projects-20170225_225835.jpg   SMALL PARIS CHATEAU (1900) and other projects-20170225_225615.jpg  
Old 02-26-2017, 08:30 AM

Lookin' good John! I down loaded the ruin a few weeks ago (after seeing what you had done with it). I'll give it a go when I get a chance (whenever that is!). You have done a fine job on it. George
Google Adsense

Tags
paris, chateau, granddaughter, build, pictures, diorama, thing, found, internet, garden, small, back, tree, trunks, simple, autos, decided, started, perspective, approximately, project, attached, key, put, completed