PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 08-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Wish I had come across this thread earlier. Looks like you've got an ambitious plan and are well along in bringing it to pass. It all sounds good. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Miles,
Thanks. The boat is a Schreiber-Bogen MOTOR YACHT OHEKA II book kit in 1:100 scale. I had to order it from Schreiber-Bogen. I could not find it anywhere else. The model currently has no life lines (I haven't made them yet). I tried making the paper ones, but they did not turn out well. My knife skills are not that good. Scissors is my choice for paper model building. I plan to make them from glue soaked rigging cord when I make the ship-to-pier moorings lines. I like the glue soaked rigging line, because you can easily paint the finished product and you can also easily shape it to fit.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:26 PM

Elliott,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll keep chipping away.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I have a great fondness for the Edmund Gillian and A.G. Smith structures that used to be sold by Dover. Some are still available at reasonable prices. Some years ago, Lil and I built Gillian's train station, Victorian houses, and seaside village for the 4'x6' town of Conodoguinet Springs on the Carlisle and Cape May Railroad and Steam Navigation Company. Our grandsons got many years of pleasure from that little model railroad.

I look forward to seeing this project continue.

Don
Old 08-09-2016, 03:24 PM

Don,

As a matter or fact, my first intention was to use his seaside village as the diorama. I even reduced the whaleboat available from Fiddlers Green to HO scale. I was about halfway through building the boat, when I decided, " We gotta get a bigger boat" (I hope I don't get charged royalties for using that ).
If I was going to use a bigger boat, then I needed a bigger pier and that lead me to a bigger house. Ain't American economics grand?
Google Adsense
Old 08-18-2016, 03:11 PM

I am in the process of assembling the trees and gathering the materials for the underwater and cottage bases. I took a break and was kind of wandering through the web site and stumbled on a thread called "LOCOMOTIVE PARADE 2016". It gave me the subject of my next diorama (as soon as I finish this one). I am going to use Prudenziati's freight cars and engine to make a small sorting yard diorama. Does anyone know where I could get some paper Italian warehouse or yard buildings? Older and battered looking would be even better.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Would Spanish work? Edificios de Papel
Old 08-18-2016, 05:53 PM

Vermin King,

Thanks for the lead. I'll check it out. I know that US train structures would stand out like a sore thumb. The first comment I would probably get would be, "What the heck is that mis-match?"
Old 08-19-2016, 02:50 PM

Vermin King,

I tried the site and could not get anything to down load. Is there a secret handshake or something?
Old 08-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
On the first entry - the reddish house - click on the red horizontal box in the lower right hand corner of that entry, it says Read More. That will bring up a continuation page and at the bottom of that page is a Deposit Files link that will take you to the download page for that building. It's the same for each building that you want to download.
One note - unless you have a (pay) Deposit Files membership the downloads are somewhat slow and you are limited as to how much you can download in any one session.
Google Adsense

Tags
paris, chateau, granddaughter, build, pictures, diorama, thing, found, internet, garden, small, back, tree, trunks, simple, autos, decided, started, perspective, approximately, project, attached, key, put, completed