PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Just reworked my old action figure street scene

I started designing action figure displays over 10 years ago. I had a friend that draws comic books ask me to contact a toy company that he was dealing with. They wanted three small displays for the New York Toy Show. After finishing them they didn't want to pay me for them but me furnish them for free and me pay for the shipping. Needless to say I kept them. I've reused two of them for other displays, but the last one had their company logo on the brick wall of a street scene. I decided to make it multi-purpose. I added a sheet of magnetic sign material to the back wall with the magnetic facing forward. Then I glued a brick wall texture print over it. Next I added another piece of magnetic with the magnet side to the first one with no glue. It was then "surfaced" with a printed graphic of a brick wall texture and my logo overlaid. Now I can use the display with or without my logo. The plain brick wall also acts as a test display that I can add props to with scrap magnetic material. Shown are the original, new version with logo, Superman Billboard version, and "Welcome to Central City" Flash Billboard version.
Google Adsense
Old 07-26-2016, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
Are there pictures?

The advantage of simplifying origami are twofold.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:45 PM

Cool

Is there a way to edit the original post? I'll try and attach them to this post. They show up to me in the original post. I inserted them as URL links and forgot that you can upload them as files.
Attached Thumbnails
Just reworked my old action figure street scene-01-street-display02-copy.jpg   Just reworked my old action figure street scene-02-street-display-new.jpg   Just reworked my old action figure street scene-03-supermanstreetscene.jpg   Just reworked my old action figure street scene-04-flashstreetdisplay.jpg  
Old 07-26-2016, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
Thanks! I see those.

Very nice effects.

The advantage of simplifying origami are twofold.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Simple, yet very effective displays. You should have the Flash in a running pose as he zips by the sign.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
Simple, yet very effective displays. You should have the Flash in a running pose as he zips by the sign.
One of my simpler early designs from 10 years ago with new graphics upgrade. I will have FLASH running in a race with the REVERSE FLASH soon. I'm working on semi-transparent "speed force" trails to place behind them. Also need to finish a couple of experimental clear stands to hold them up. Hard to get action figures to remain standing in a running position. SUPERMAN will also be flying soon thanks to some experimental "flight rigs". One or flying and one for hovering.