PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 10-22-2016, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Any Doc Savage Fans Here I need some input

I don't know if we have any Doc Savage Fans here. I need some input. Finally found all 181 original pulp stories online as epub books. Started reading then about a month ago and have finished 15 of them so far. Loved them as a teen when they first came out in paperback books in the 1960s. I've started researching to see if I can make a set of custom action figures to display in my art studio. I've rescaled Gary Pilsworth's Henderson Motorcycle to match up with a 6 to 7 inch action figure. If you are a Doc fan what other paper models do you think would match up to vehicles used in the books. I know Doc has a fleet of cars, airplanes, and autogyros. There is a lighter than air ship called the Amberjack and a futuristic submarine called the Helldiver. Since the time era is 1930s-1940s I figured Doc might have planes like a Lockheed Electra, and a Ford Tri-Motor. With his inventions he would probably have an experimental jet or rocket plane. Two books have mentioned an autogyro with a body to carry six people which I imagine would be an early helicopter. Any ideas or suggestions. I'll scale the models to 1/12 to match the figures. I've been designing a wall display of pulp era downtown New York City and I may populate it with my custom action figures and use the vehicles as props to decorate it.
Google Adsense
Old 10-22-2016, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Cliff:
I did not realize that there where that many books in a series. I too read some when they first came out. Are the Epubs free or low cost? Would not mind looking at them again. I like the 6" figure after doing some of Zios Figures in that scale in paper could be some good dioramas from the books.
Good luck,
Miles
Old 10-23-2016, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear Cliff:
I did not realize that there where that many books in a series. I too read some when they first came out. Are the Epubs free or low cost? Would not mind looking at them again. I like the 6" figure after doing some of Zios Figures in that scale in paper could be some good dioramas from the books.
Good luck,
Miles
Hi Miles. I didn't realize until I'd read about 10 of the books this time that I had misseed a lot of them. Just read where Monk got his pig. I kept searching last year until I found a download that gave me all but one of the books and I just found it two weeks ago. I haven't tried 6 inch figures in paper. I have been learning how to make custom figures from existing figures. Haven't tried it yet. Doc Savage has tons of scifi gadgets that would make great paperr models. I'm trying to figure out if I can make the rapid-firer.