PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 02-21-2017, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Carnival or Amusement park rides as paper models?

Are there any carnival or amusement park rides available as paper models? I found a carousel paper model for download and I've been looking at a pedal car model to see if I can kitbash it into a bumper car. I've finished my design for the Joker's Funhouse to use as a Batman and Joker action figure display and was thinking about a large scale display play-set for the Joker's Carnival. I've figured out several things like the ticket booth and a Joker test your strength game plus several game booths but ride models have been hard to find.

Thanks
Clif
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Canon Creative Park has some simple carnival rides.
Paper Craft>Toys>Craftown
Old 02-21-2017, 04:44 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
streetpaper.de has some rides
there was also a British site that had Midway style stalls
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 02-21-2017, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
You've come to the show a little late Cliff, but to wet your appetite I refer you to here ... Amusement Park...

Regretably Pete Chandler moved on to other hobbies but It might be worth trying some of the other links in the thread. I can probably dig out an email for Pete if you want to try to contact him yourself though.

It was a good ride while it lasted though. Thanks Pete, if you are still monitoring the forum.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Johnny,

Thanks for the link. I read the whole thread; fantastic story! I wish I could have seen some more of the models. But when I ran across your hillbilly band, it was a blast from the past. In High School, I was the jug player in such a band; except that we didn't have a fiddle. We had a saw player (a really good one) instead. What memories!

John
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2017, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys! I've found a few things I think I can use with changes. Thanks to Johnny for the link. I wish I could have found that when you could still get the models.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:07 AM

Just to immortalize the memory ... This is just part of Pete's build, not mine.

A swift Ambulance ride into hospital for an emergency Bowel Cancer op. sort of put mine on hold indefinitely. I'm pleased to say that the op. was 100% successful, but the "Just in case" chemotherapy they followed up with has left me with crippled fingers and feet, and such intricate builds are still beyond my ability ... but one day ... please!
Old 02-22-2017, 03:13 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Just to immortalize the memory ... This is just part of Pete's build, not mine.

A swift Ambulance ride into hospital for an emergency Bowel Cancer op. sort of put mine on hold indefinitely. I'm pleased to say that the op. was 100% successful, but the "Just in case" chemotherapy they followed up with has left me with crippled fingers and feet, and such intricate builds are still beyond my ability ... but one day ... please!
Thanks John for the post. Thats really nice looking. Since my build will be for 6 inch action figure scale I'll only need two or three rides if I can find them. So far I've found a carousel, popcorn and ice cream carts, a ferris wheel that I will have to detail and I've almost finished my Joker's Funhouse design. I'm researching models to see if I can kit-bash my pedal car re-paint of the Joker's Clown Car into a bumper car.
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d1&oe=592D0E73
Old 02-22-2017, 03:38 PM

Ferris wheel here that you may be able to borrow some bits from streetpaper.de ... Kirmes ... Reisenrad ... lots of components that build into a travelling fair Ferris wheel. I'd guess at 1:53 scale. Probably too complex for what you are looking for though.

The Spacerak (Space rocket) ride is similarly complex, but no where near as many components as the Reisenrad.

Both models are designed to be assembled, disassembled and stowed on vehicles, so that any stage of construction can be displayed.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:45 PM

Thanks John! I'll check those out. Not sure why my Joker & Harley Quinn Clown Cars link inserted in the last post but didn't show the photo. I'll try it again here.
Google Adsense