PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
VK, I would really like to use those two figures for the Red and Black Tudor, that will be the next vehicle built. I found some nice white horses in a bundle that I bought from One Monk Miniatures. I am going to extend the wagon tongue to accommodate 4 horses.

George, Thanks. It must seem to folks that I jump around a bit in my builds, but when an idea hits, I either go try it out immediately or I will probably talk myself into believing it's too difficult.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
I thought this was going to be the bar from Tales from the White Hart, a collection of short stories by science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke,
Old 09-26-2017, 05:13 PM

Now to the update. As you all know, I want to put freight on some of the vehicles. I have found several nice pieces, but they were way too big (no forklifts were available to these guys). So, the guy leaning up against the Hogshead barrel (which is too big) will be my scruffy driver of this rig and was reduced to 85 per cent to fit the doorways of the Inn and the rig he will drive. He is a barfly that was converted to a pious seated parishioner by OldschoolDM. The barrel is by Dave Graffam and I reduced it using a printer setting of 50 per cent. The coach, of course, is by Vermin King and was/is fun to detail. I have some additional detailing ideas for the next coach and the follow on Red and Black mod. Anyway, I threw in the dime to give some idea of size. I had to reduce the barrel a wee bit, so that the driver would be able to unload it by himself. I found a wonderful barmaid to travel with the driver, but then I remembered that this was going to an elementary school, so that was a scratch. I placed the flattened version of the barrel, so folks could see the neat construction design. It really wasn't that hard to build the smaller version. Just a little patience and a lot of Tullamor Dew.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170926_182145.jpg  
Old 09-26-2017, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileer View Post
VK, I would really like to use those two figures for the Red and Black Tudor, that will be the next vehicle built. I found some nice white horses in a bundle that I bought from One Monk Miniatures. I am going to extend the wagon tongue to accommodate 4 horses.

George, Thanks. It must seem to folks that I jump around a bit in my builds, but when an idea hits, I either go try it out immediately or I will probably talk myself into believing it's too difficult.
Sounds great. The figures are not true miniatures. They have mirrored backs. On the seated figure, you will need to either extend the lap blanket or snip part off.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:19 PM

Padre,
Sorry to disappoint, but thanks for the book lead. I missed that one.
Google Adsense
Old 09-26-2017, 05:27 PM

VK, Thanks for the tip. The coachman will be perfect, because he will be on the ground, facing the open door of the coach, ready to assist the disembarking passenger. I am not sure how I will handle the coach interior as yet. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:48 PM

VK,
I wanted to use the Mail coach in the diorama, coming down the road towards the Inn. Do you think it will fit in with the older style coaches. I was not sure if the older coaches would still be in use at the time of the coach with lights. I think, the original version, that I got from you, has older style lamps (which will be fine). Since this will be a small village scene, the village dress would not seem too far off. What are your thoughts?

John
Old 09-26-2017, 06:06 PM

If I remember right, this style of mail coach got its start in the 1700's. The Tudor coach is from the late 1500's/ early 1600's. When I was younger, I remember visits to the Brunkhorst Farm where they were still using farm equipment from the 1800's, newer stuff, too, but old wagons with mules were still in use.

It would be a bit of a stretch to put them in the same scene, but not impossible. I really have a feeling that back then they probably took better care of their equipment to get maximum use. A stretch, but maybe not that big a stretch. Hard to say
Old 09-28-2017, 08:49 PM

VK, Thanks for the input. I think I will use the mail coach. I may replace the lamps with older style lanterns to make it look more like a 50 year, rather than a 100 year difference.

I had a little time today, so I worked on the selecting the coach commercial loads. The first photo shows the load that will be on the primarily finished coach. The Red and Black coach will have a cargo of personal trunks, similar to the one in photo 2 (I am trying to find 3 different styles). I have made some progress on the Hall walls, but not enough for photos, yet. I also found a hand cart that I will use as a prop for unloading a forth (undetermined style) coach or maybe a freight wagon (if I can find one). When I install the horses and reins, I will also tie down the cargo loads (the cargo will be glued to the coaches for more stability).
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170928_220839.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20170928_221100.jpg  
Old 09-28-2017, 09:08 PM

Looks good, sir
Google Adsense