PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 09-14-2017, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Quick update. I am working on the front wall of the Guild Hall (not quite finished). I will add a photo on that with my next post. In the meantime, I am building the Archway Interior. I installed the hinges and window ledge facade on the small closed window (see photo). I have the double door ready to install. It is slightly smaller than the outside doors, so I had to modify the recess insert. And since I am recessing the door I will have to add a piece of slate flooring in front of the door. Plus, I had to trim the wall tab next to the open doorway (it was intended to be used with the flat printed door in place). In the photo, you can see the floor strip on the other side of the door opening. I am going to edge glue (no tab) that joint, so I will conduct the gluing on a piece of wax paper to prevent gluing it to my cutting board (which I have been known to do). Plodding along. Real world interference. Had to get my business tax returns out the door; they are due tomorrow. I didn't want to give the governments my money any sooner than I had to.

John
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170914_183346_001.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 11:42 AM

Unfortunately for the model world, I am back. I have made a bit of progress. I have finally figured out a way to make the stirrup steps for the the coaches. Per the photos, I used the bottom of one of the coaches to provide two boards (which I glued back-to-back). From this double sided board, I measured and cut two short pieces that would allow me to form a rectangular step plate, with two triangular side braces (first photo). I colored the cut edges with a tan Crayola pencil. I then glued the two stirrups to the steps piece , prior to cutting the steps piece from the parts sheet. Trying to glue those little bitty pieces AFTER cutting out the steps base piece, will drive you completely insane (Yeah, I tried that for about 5 minutes and then printed a new parts sheet)! The other 2 photos show the front and side view of the finished product. The #11 blade was only used to show size comparison; I cut everything with scissors.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170921_172836.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20170923_003115.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20170923_003151.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Unfortunately? I think not. You're doing some imagineering & fine exacting work John. You are better than you think you are. I see a definite improvement in your work from the time you signed on here.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:31 PM

Elliott,

Thank you for the kind words. In all seriousness, if I have improved, it is due to all the tips and advice that I have gotten from the master builders and designers on this forum. Not to mention access to the caliber of models, that would have been out of my price range, had they been sold in the plastic, resin or wood markets. The decision to seek membership on this forum, ranks up there with my decision to make a career in the USAF. It is a great fraternal organization!

John
Old 09-24-2017, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I just hope you aren't cursing me before the project is done
Google Adsense
Old 09-24-2017, 07:43 PM

A small update. Here is a photo of the carriage mounting steps installed. On the Fodor coach (in process), I plan to improve the steps, by opening up the back of each step, similar to the real thing.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20170924_210439_001.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 08:18 PM

Looking good
Old 09-24-2017, 08:28 PM

VK,

On the contrary, this has become the most interesting model project that I have ever attempted. So many decision options! Even if I fall on my sword, now and then, it is worth it, because the "new frontiers" are almost endless. I love details and the models in this project contain a smorgasbord of the same.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:23 PM

You know this guy would look good there
Old 09-25-2017, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
GO JOHN, GO!!!
Looks great! You've got much more patience than I posses! The wheel spokes are.... SPOKES!
George
Google Adsense