PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 10-17-2017, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
John, are you sure you didn't carve that wagon out of a scrap of wood? Looks fantastic, as always.
George
Old 10-17-2017, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Could you just glue a stack of card together and glue on horse onto that? Then cut out, glue the other side of the horse onto that and trim for evenness?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
George,
Thank you very much!

VK,
If I had better knife skills, I would try that. But with scissors, the legs are just too thin. A stack that thick would twist under the scissor pressure of the straight blade. If I used the snippet technique, I would need to do some filing and, once again, the thinness of the legs would cause me problems. So I am left with the patience game. I am used to it. By the time all the coaches and carts are assembled, I will have cut out somewhere between 120 and 160 spoke wheels. But I do thank you for trying to lighten my workload. The ultimate goal here, is to build well enough to pay homage to some really well designed kits. Which reminds me; where can I find that coachman and driver that you showed me? I will need those for the red and black coach. I think I have figured out a simple interior for the coach (since I will have the door open with the coachman appearing to hold it). I will use the upper layer of the driver's seat (without the foot brace board) on both ends of the coach. I will use the outside trim on the inside walls, and since I will have an interior, I will cut out the windows. Comments, please!
Old 10-17-2017, 02:08 PM

They are here -- The Royal Mail Coach | Cardboard Warriors forum
Old 10-17-2017, 04:40 PM

VK,
Thanks much! I found that the version I had, must have been a very early version.
John
Google Adsense
Old 10-27-2017, 08:50 PM

I am still cutting out horses and horse blanks (and more wheels). However, I am working on the buildings, also. As shown below, I have the two walls that contain the covered entrance to the Guild Hall finished and ready for installation of the covered entrance. I probably will not get anything else done until after Halloween. About 15 years ago, I started turning my front yard into a scary garden the day before Halloween. Now the neighborhood looks forward to that display (I get more adults than kids). So starting tomorrow, I have to start assembling the garden. See you folks late next week. Happy Halloween!
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20171027_224723.jpg  
Old 10-27-2017, 08:55 PM

Looking good, sir. Get photos of your garden, please.

Trick or Drink!
Old 10-27-2017, 10:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
On the images I grabbed them from, it looked more like a thin sheet of metal over the windows that didn't protrude much from the building. Also looked like it had been painted over multiple times with black paint that had faded.
Hmm, maybe pitch or tar to seal it? I know little about the methods of the period and that idea popped in and it seemed like something to ask.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:22 AM

I imagine in the past, tar or pitch was on there, but in our sophisticated age, I think it is currently paint
Old 10-29-2017, 11:10 AM

It is raining today, so I have a reprieve from Halloween.

VK, thanks and I will post pictures of the final garden configuration in "Other things we make and do".

Now, lets forget that the world is coming apart at the seams and Mother Nature is not helping things, and get back to the reality of paper modeling.

I got up early and made some progress. I have the covered entry way installed. The parts fit nicely, but I would not recommend building/installing the arches to inexperienced modelers. You need a lot of patience and four hands would help. If installed properly, the box-like room slides in over the arches and fits like a driving glove. My Leprechaun helped me out quite a bit here.
So here is the current pictorial status. The walls appear bowed in, but that is the glue holding all the detail, shrinking everything as it dries, I have an internal bracing system that corrects for that, which I will cover after I get the other two walls in place and a bottom plate on the building.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20171029_012536.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20171029_012615.jpg  
Google Adsense