PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 03-03-2018, 07:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Kevin and Elliott,
Thanks for the confidence votes! VK's talent has caused a change in plans. He recently took a vintage coach (high class), recolored it, modified it slightly and generally cleaned it up. I decided to use that one as my fancy coach with white horses. It took me a day or two to decide how I was going to detail it. I have the side panel "kits" cut out and I have included a picture. I included a copy of the wheels; those will be built in stack format, like my other wheels. I haven't yet decided on the details for the rest of the coach. Once I assemble the side detail, I will cut the windows out on the plain base unit. I will then glue the back plate on and cut the windows out in it (you can see a couple of punch holes in the back plate), Then I will glue the window panel to the back plate. Theoretically, it should work.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180303_193538.jpg  
Old 03-03-2018, 11:23 PM

I got one last thing accomplished today; I finished the front wall of the connector building. I added the angled shot to better show some of the layered overlays. For instance, the archway has a double thickness overlay with additional overlays on the top and the two side bands.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180303_235357.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180303_235459.jpg  
Old 03-04-2018, 11:10 PM

I had a little problem with the wall and learned something important. The sheets that I used for the overlays were all printed on a HP Photo type printer. The sheet containing the door and the windows that I glued on the back of the wall were printed on larger HP machine that takes both A3 and A4 paper, because my Photo machine went belly-up. It turns out that all printers, even those manufactured by the same company do not have necessarily have the same default print size settings. The A3/A4 printer default size is just a hair smaller then the Photosmart. Over a page, it becomes a noticeable difference. Instead of just being able to glue the block of windows with the small door to the back, I had to separate the door and the windows above the door from the other windows, If I had left them connected, the door and widow set would not have aligned properly. By separating the two sections, I was able to center the individual sections, so that the slight size difference is not noticeable (unfortunately, I still know the error is still there).

On the brighter side, the coach did not turn out too badly and I was able to cut the fringe on the end of the drivers seat. It only shows if you tilt the coach side (photo 2), but once, again, I know it is there. And now the photos:
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180304_230540.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180304_230931.jpg  
Old 03-13-2018, 01:55 PM

I know it has been a while since I posted anything here. No, I have not been sleeping; I have been slowly working the build. I have completed the passenger cage for the Tudor straight-sided coach and partially assembled the passenger cage for the "fancy" coach. I have to make a bottom for the fancy coach and decide what to use for axles and the wagon tongue assembly. It is going to be a kit-bash modification from the Tudor coach. I am not sure, at this moment, if I can figure a way to make the front wheels turn. Also, after going back and looking at VK's design thread, I realized that I will need SIX horses for this rig. On the up side, I have glued the four walls of the Guild Hall together and started work on the egg-shell interior brace. I cannot put the roof on the building, until I install the egg-crate. The open entry-way prevents me from installing the egg-crate from the bottom. End of ramblings; here are some photos of coach build (that is a US Quarter).
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180313_151501.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180313_151545.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180313_151616.jpg  
Old 03-13-2018, 02:00 PM

And here are the photos of the Hall, so far. You will see some areas that are not layered; these areas will be covered by the attached building.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180308_003444.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180308_003518.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180308_003532.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180308_003542.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180308_003617_001.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-13-2018, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileer View Post
I know it has been a while since I posted anything here. No, I have not been sleeping; I have been slowly working the build. I have completed the passenger cage for the Tudor straight-sided coach and partially assembled the passenger cage for the "fancy" coach. I have to make a bottom for the fancy coach and decide what to use for axles and the wagon tongue assembly. It is going to be a kit-bash modification from the Tudor coach. I am not sure, at this moment, if I can figure a way to make the front wheels turn. Also, after going back and looking at VK's design thread, I realized that I will need SIX horses for this rig. On the up side, I have glued the four walls of the Guild Hall together and started work on the egg-shell interior brace. I cannot put the roof on the building, until I install the egg-crate. The open entry-way prevents me from installing the egg-crate from the bottom. End of ramblings; here are some photos of coach build (that is a US Quarter).
You know you need to do one in white and have it pulling up in front of the Disney castle...

Beautiful work

EDIT -- it can be pulled by a four horse team or six
Old 03-13-2018, 05:10 PM

VK,

Thanks, and thanks for the tip about the horse count. But 6 horses coming down the road would be impressive. I probably will have to settle for 4, because I don't think 6 will fit with all the stuff I am putting in this layout. It will be "busy". Right now, I am planning on a minimum of 6 or 7 coaches and wagons; plus some pack horses. There will also be some hand carts. All that, with the main building (Inn and Hall) and a clock tower across the road from the Inn, it's going to be a bit tight.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:51 PM

Which clock tower are you planning on using? There are some pretty nice ones out there
Old 03-13-2018, 06:04 PM

Dave Graffam's Clock at Rakes Corner. I thought the style and coloring fit very nicely with your Inn and Hall. And that is also where I got one of the hand carts (it came with the tower).
Old 03-13-2018, 07:10 PM

Definitely fits. Dave's buildings are very nice. I went with Clock Tower #2 instead of this one. Similar geometry, but more choice on textures, and even has the cart
Google Adsense