PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 04-29-2018, 09:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
I forgot to add that I have all 48 horse blanks cut out for the fancy "Washington" coach. I just have to glue them together in sets of 12. I don't have the wheels finished for this coach. It is a much more delicate cutting operation, as compared with the other coach wheels. The wheel on the left is the "Washington" coach wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180429_232816.jpg  
Old 05-04-2018, 09:23 PM

I am getting close to the finish line on the Market Wagon. I have to finish assembling and installing the three cargo pouches for the blank side and then glue the roof in place. I will be using a pair of dark brown horses for this wagon (yeah, that means cutting out 24 more horse blanks).

Because I used wheels other than the ones intended by the designer, I had to make a modification on the rear axle to keep the wagon reasonably level, fore and aft. Hope to have it finished by the end of the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180504_223531.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180504_223625.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180504_223705.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180504_223845.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180504_223909.jpg  

Old 05-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
John, you are really sticking with this project and I admire you for it. Do you have a tentative, kinda sorta, locked in jello kind of finish date in mind at this point? Not trying to rush you, just curious is all.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM

Elliott,

As a matter of fact, I have a firm date: somewhere between 1 Oct 2018 and the opening date of the Paper Modellers Convention in Virginia in the fall. Which means that I will be putting the finishing touches on it in a hotel room the night before the opening .
Old 05-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I really like Chris's wagons. They came out between the Tudor coaches and the Vardoes. They have so many choices available on effects. Nice to see them shown that extra love.

I actually call the cream colored coach the Princess Coach. I still hope to decide on which example of the Washington coach I want to finish the model of. Instead of the simple-build style, I have been working on having the cabin sitting on the frame. I've collected some images of Bay horses, since Washington's coach was pulled by his prize bay horses. His riding horse was white (actually gray per the old joke), but the harness animals were bay, in spite of some of the old illustrations. I still hope to get the Osgood Mansion and coach done for Papercuts this year. So, there will be another coach for you to do your magic
Google Adsense
Old 05-08-2018, 04:18 PM

Thanks, VK,

The Market Wagon (with modifications) is finished. It may be a bit off scale with the other coaches, but it should not be noticeable. The Market Wagon and Travel Wagon will be parked across the road from the coaches. Here is the finished (sans horses) product.

I didn't show the underside, because I included that photo in my last post. I used the door hinges and pull on the storage pouches, because I liked the style. I have not yet decided on the breed of horse to pull the wagons. It will have to be a heavy hauler (Percheron/Shire/Clydesdale). In researching horses, I found out that the Clydesdale was originally a small horse. Breeders made it taller. I guess that they never heard of the engineers golden rule : IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

My next stage is to finish the Princess coach and the Tudor straight sided coach. Then I will go back and finish the Inn/Guild Hall. After that I will probably build the rest of the coaches/wagons and finish with the Clock Tower. I still have a long way to go.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180508_132210.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180508_132223.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180508_132245.jpg   White hart inn revisited-20180508_132257.jpg  
Old 05-23-2018, 07:40 PM

OK! The Tudor straight sided coach is in the home stretch. I have the individual pieces of cargo assembled and the coach finished with the exception of the stirrups, the driver and mounting the cargo. I will assemble the horses after I finish all the wagons. I have yet to decide which color horse will go with which coach. Here is the photo of the current state of the Tudor straight sided coach. The larger rear wheels are about 1 inch in diameter.
Attached Thumbnails
White hart inn revisited-20180523_202013.jpg  
Old 05-23-2018, 08:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Nicely done, sir
Old 05-23-2018, 08:33 PM

Thanks, VK.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:54 PM

Since shortly after my last post, a string of physical calamities began hitting members of my clan and I have neither had the time or the inclination to enjoy myself by going back to my hobby. The final straw was one of my daughters (a operating room nurse) contracting the virus. After recovery, she jumped back into the fray and it made me take a hard look at my own reactions to the hand life has dealt the people in my life. Everyone has not fully recovered, but they are all alive and functioning. And I have been selfish by not continuing my model projects. They were all intended to be gifts for members of my family. So I have mentally kicked myself in the rear end and jumped back into this project. I will shortly post some photos to summarize where the project stands and progress made, so no one needs to read the whole thread to catch up. So, Happy Thanksgiving, for those celebrating it, and a wish for a happy day for everyone else.

John
Google Adsense