PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 07-16-2018, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrog Phlyer View Post
and let everyone what I have. It was free someplace.
Mike
Cheers Mike. I'll hold ya to that. If it doesn't appear real soon like, I'll keep reminding ya.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 617.34 MB
Low and behold,
Disneyexperience.com papermodels, page 1, The Wicked Wench
It seems it is a bit simpler than the model Becky Suggested, but I think I like the restaurant model, much more intricate and “flashy” with cool details! I believe removing the door is possible by some repainting or my way, cut and paste! (Beat to fit, paint to match!)
So many models, so little time...
Old 07-16-2018, 02:25 PM

OOOOh! Shock and horror! What a blooper Mike!

The Wicked Wench was never Hook's Pirate Ship, unless Disney has been committing sacrilege again, like he did with the Peter Pan/Hook re-enactments on what I seem to remember was a repro USS Constitution, or possibly some other historic US ship. Google doesn't want to tell me it's name. Just wants to tell me about Disney Cruise Liners.

The Wicked Wench was under Cap'n Jack Sparrow's command when she was burned and sunk. She was then later resurrected by Davy Jones to become The Black Pearl.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/the-...DQg#.nsAq6j59A

There is a book published telling of Jack's early life, but it's no longer on my shelf ... lent to a friend ... and I can't remember it's title. It's a damn good read, and does explain many of the happening untold by Disney.

As to my making a Hook's Ship ... the long awaited Chicken of the Sea from Robert Nava is gonna be way too big for me, so I guess the old Plastic ones are looking favourite. That old original one is worth over £100 now, but it's only money, and I did buy it with the intention of building it. The Ghost Ship is only worth £20 now, so I just might explore that first.Pity such things can't be scanned and reprinted like our paper models, eh?

I just found that Prequel book on Amazon It's called "The Price of Freedom" by A C Crispin.

Last edited by JohnM; 07-16-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:57 PM

Hum, never heard about the backstory. I need to research much better! Thanks for the info, another book to track down.
To make a smaller model, I just print at say, 70% or I do two pages on one sheet. (Really saves a lot of paper!)
Real estate is pretty tight on my layout display!
Old 07-16-2018, 04:09 PM

Be warned, "The Price of Freedom" is an out of print hard cover book. Selling at quite inflated prices here in UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...&condition=all

I too will certainly be looking at removing the door and reducing the scale of the Chicken of the Sea when it is published, but it is looking maybe too detailed to reduce it as far as I'd like.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 PM

The designer mentioned that Chicken of the Sea May be released before the end of the year. The Wicked Wench model may still be a good bet. I think theWench is closer to the cannon firing ship (it did have Barbarossa on it for a while) in the Florida Disney PotC ride.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
The Wicked Wench:

The "vessel" often referred to as "The Jolly Roger" was only labeled as "Chicken of the Sea".

Until the 1970's when it became "Captain Hook's Galley":

Check out the website who's name appears on these photos. At any rate, the design of the 2 vessels is similar and the WW may well have simply used the restaurant's plans.

Tags
disney, indiana jones, temple