PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 07-21-2019, 02:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Encounter at the edge of Antarctica

After the overwhelming response of the encounter at the North Pole, I was encouraged to do an encounter at the edge of Antarctica.
So I added penguins and snow cats (very little info on them) and the Shirase in the background. The Japanese are in their 60th Antarctic expedition. Lorenzo de la Fuente mentioned elsewhere that the Shirase is portrayed in an anime series:
"The Japanese will make anime of anything. the Shirase figures prominently in 'A Place Further than the Universe'. The heroine loses her photographer mom in an Antarctic winter storm, and in high school raises enough money to join a privately funded expedition on the Shirase. On the way she makes friends who join her on the Antarctic expedition."

The James Clark Ross supports the British Antarctic Survey, and Tony did a very nice recolor of Bruno's Dash 7 in red and black. The yellow helicopter is an EC175 currently known as the Airbus H175, used to service North Sea oil rigs.

I hope you like it

ps: Not exactly a diorama but parts to make it.
Attached Thumbnails
Encounter at the edge of Antarctica-antartic1.jpg   Encounter at the edge of Antarctica-antartic2.jpg   Encounter at the edge of Antarctica-antartic3.jpg   Encounter at the edge of Antarctica-antartic4.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-21-2019, 04:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I like your diorama. It reminded me of the Japanese film Omoshiro Nankyoku Ryurinin (Chef of the South Pole) [The Chef of South Polar - AsianWiki], which I saw last year as part of the Dickinson College Japanese film program. It is the story of a Japanese Coast Guard food service officer who signs up for the Japanese Antarctic operation.

Don
Old 07-22-2019, 11:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Thank Don. I have been looking for that film.
But I only found the trailer and I got craving for Japanese food, おいしい
Old 11-01-2019, 03:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
I quite like that the models are simple and hand-drawn, as this fits with the anime style.