PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 10-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 352.00 MB
Thanks

Thanks a lot for all those positive feedback! So here is a little update, my collection gets bigger and bigger! Here are some pics of my latest builds:

regards Matthias
Attached Thumbnails
All of my Dioramas-buggy3.jpg   All of my Dioramas-buggy4.jpg   All of my Dioramas-buggy5.jpg   All of my Dioramas-dioscout.jpg   All of my Dioramas-dioscout2.jpg  

All of my Dioramas-dioscout5.jpg   All of my Dioramas-maxdio4.jpg   All of my Dioramas-maxdio6.jpg   All of my Dioramas-maxdio7.jpg   All of my Dioramas-spindio1.jpg  

All of my Dioramas-spindio3.jpg   All of my Dioramas-spindio6.jpg   All of my Dioramas-vader_1.jpg   All of my Dioramas-vader_dio3.jpg   All of my Dioramas-vader_dio4.jpg  

Old 10-08-2011, 11:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Hi Loenf:
Great craftmanship and excelent presentation.
You master quite well the stage with very few but effective elements.
I wonder how your dioramas would look like in boxed dioramas presentation.
You show concern to present 3 sides, but I have a feeling many of these dioramas would benefit from a single view. The one you as producer want us to see.
The police car from Blade runner works well in this presentation, but for instance the robots from StarWars would definitely benefit if presented in a boxed diorama. With all respect, they almost like being trapped in the shower cabin. if the scene was extended on both sides, the front glass would vanish in our mind. But seeing the three sides, the impact is somewhat atenuated.
Best regards
Carlos
Old 10-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Great subjects, skilled builds, excellently displayed. Who could as for anything better.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Oneself.
The purpose of forums is to debate and try improve.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos filipe View Post
Hi Loenf:
Great craftmanship and excelent presentation.
You master quite well the stage with very few but effective elements.
I wonder how your dioramas would look like in boxed dioramas presentation.
You show concern to present 3 sides, but I have a feeling many of these dioramas would benefit from a single view. The one you as producer want us to see.
The police car from Blade runner works well in this presentation, but for instance the robots from StarWars would definitely benefit if presented in a boxed diorama. With all respect, they almost like being trapped in the shower cabin. if the scene was extended on both sides, the front glass would vanish in our mind. But seeing the three sides, the impact is somewhat atenuated.
Best regards
Carlos
Hi Carlos,
first of all, kindly excuse the delay.
I think if I would build boxed dioramas it is not necessary to build 3d models. If its just possible to see the model from one side, i could just as well build only a 2d-model with different flat background-layer. I have also some models which I never would put in a diorama, because its important to see all sides of the model.
In my opinion its not important to see all sides of a car for instance ( I don't care about the underbody, except I would buy a real a car ) but if you want to see the relation between front- and lateral-view, it is very usefull to have two or three sides for a threedimensional sight.

regars Loenf
Old 10-10-2011, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.69 MB
Really great dios! I love your work, it makes all of us paper modelers look good! I especially like the snow and the light saber treatments. What is your favorite book or tutorial on dio builds?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 AM

Hi Loenf.
I don't think you know what a boxed diorama is. Or if you know, you don't like it. It is your option and there's nothing else to talk about it..
Please don't take wrong the opinions I expressed, I meant well.
Best regards
Carlos
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM

Last one for 2011

This is the last update for 2011, my Boba Fett diorama:

regards and best wishes for 2012,

Loenf
Attached Thumbnails
All of my Dioramas-bobadio2.jpg   All of my Dioramas-bobadio4.jpg   All of my Dioramas-bobadio6.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Those are all awesome. Really love the Boba Fett, he was always my favorite.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Dear Loenf,

I love all the diorama's you made, excellent, but now I have a question for you, where can I find the Eagle Transporter model for download, I'm searching it already for some time now but didn't succeed.

Thanks a lot!

Luctor et emergo
Google Adsense