PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Events

Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Lightbulb A proposal for a paper model build at UAMF

As part of the Unofficial Airfix Modelling Forum's (UAMF) Small Scale Armour Group Build last month, I built one of Wayne's 1/72 tanks from www.landships.info...not my bets work but the first paper model I have built let alone completed in a year.

Anyway that has sparked some interest in a UAMF paper model Group Build later this year and I have posted a poll there to gauge interest in the idea. The minimum threshold for a Group Build to be authorised by the admin staff is six.

I am posting the link to the poll here in case any PMers might be keen to demonstrate paper modelling in another forum - and possible also some technical guidance, advice and leadership...

The Unofficial Airfix Modellers' Forum • View topic - A paper model GB??

If the GB is approved, I will post the link here and provide updates...

Simon
Google Adsense
Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 PM

Due to real life forcing precedence I had to put this proposal and in fact, most things modelling on the back burner for a while and I'm just getting engaged again...

As the Group Build calendar schedule over at the Unofficial Airfix Modellers Forum (UAMF) is pretty full for this year I have let the proposed paper model GB slip until a later date to be determined, like, later...

In the interim, I will be doing a few paper model builds to introducer UAMFers to PM tips and techniques and to illustrate the range of paper models available...all PMers are welcome to contribute if interested in converting the heathen plastic hordes and I will post occasional links here to paper-related activities over at UAMF...

Simon
Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 PM

We have set dates over at UAMF for a paper model group build this year. It will run from November 12th to December 24th, in the period between the end of ScaleModelWorld in the UK and Christmas Eve when other temptations may take priority...

My builds of the cockpit from the Orlik 1/33 Defiant, Uhu02's Barbarella's Spaceship and the IPMS Austria 1/33 TSR.2 this year have sparked quite a bit of interest and we are anticipating a good turn-out for this group build. PMers, are most welcome to drop on in to look or, better yet, participate...

For this that may be interested, here is a snapshot of the other GBs planned for this year...

Old 06-07-2014, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
Would paper models possibly be qualified for other build subjects? It does sound interesting and challenging.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:41 PM

Yes, absolutely!!! While I still build models in other materials as well, I have built paper models in four UAMF group builds in the last couple of years and this has created enough interest for us to now have a dedicated group build for paper models. So long as you are building models, no one at UAMF is too fussed about the material used...
Google Adsense
Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 PM

Okey-dokey...the paper model group build is now live at the Unofficial Airfix Modellers Forum...come on over and lurk - or even join in: it's what we do, after all...
Old 11-04-2014, 01:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Will give it a go.

Posted a few builds on the Scalemodelworld forum. Got a really good result

Tim
Old 11-16-2014, 11:38 PM

Well, they're away and racing...here's a snapshot of the current participants in the UAMF Paper Model Group Build:

Pop on over for a look...
Old 11-20-2014, 01:05 PM

Thumbs up

Our first completion....follow the build here